Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell, Mutter Move One Step Forward

Phoronix: GNOME Shell, Mutter Move One Step Forward

In readying for the GNOME 3.1.4 development release, there's new development builds available for the GNOME Shell and Mutter -- two of the key components of the GNOME 3 desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are they available on Ubuntu without building from source? I'm feeling extremely unmotivated to build Gnome and dependencies from source lately.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
      Are they available on Ubuntu without building from source? I'm feeling extremely unmotivated to build Gnome and dependencies from source lately.
      Try fedora since Ubuntu is pretty far behind with regards to gnome development.You can try building it using jhbuild (EXTREMELY simple b/c it is basically automated) but I had issues with it when I used Ubuntu (and judging by the mailing lists I'm far from the only one). Go to the gnome shell page for more info.

Comment

Working...
      X