KDE SC 4.7.0 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Hm, so Mesa Git master (which I'm using) does not provide ES for r600g?
    Depends on whether you build it with GL ES 2.0 enabled. I think default turns it off.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Kernel 3.0, Mesa Git master, xf86-video-ati Git master and "raster" with Qt 4.7.3. And it stinks.
      You are either lying or just lying and trolling. I am using Gentoo with mesa libdrm and xf86-video-ati from git, kernel 3.0 and kwin compiled for opengl es (it can only be compiled for either one of them). And it works just fine and it's even faster a bit. Also consider i have crappy entry HD5450.

You need to do couple of things to achieve kwin running on opengl es
      1. Compile mesa with gallium (and switch to it or compile it with gallium only)
      2. Compile KWIN with OpenGL ES
      3. You may have to set environment variable EGL_PLATFORM=x11 (that's just me but it may be necessary )
      Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 28 July 2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
        You are either lying or just lying and trolling. I am using Gentoo with mesa libdrm and xf86-video-ati from git, kernel 3.0 and kwin compiled for opengl es (it can only be compiled for either one of them). And it works just fine and it's even faster a bit. Also consider i have crappy entry HD5450.

You need to do couple of things to achieve kwin running on opengl es
        1. Compile mesa with gallium (and switch to it or compile it with gallium only)
        2. Compile KWIN with OpenGL ES
        3. You may have to set environment variable EGL_PLATFORM=x11 (that's just me but it may be necessary )
        The same here in Archlinux x64 with packages from testing repo. KDE 4.7 is way faster and this is with
        Code:
        echo low > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile
        (the free radeon driver doesn't have proper power management and the card gets too hot with the default profile)

KDE 4.6.x was barely usable with low in power_profile.

(ATI Technologies Inc M92 [Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series])

Comment

I read some distros produce both kwin and kwin_gles for people to choose. The good thing is that 4.8 will choose OpenGL ES at runtime.

Comment

Originally posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
            You are either lying or just lying and trolling.
            Screw you, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Depends on whether you build it with GL ES 2.0 enabled. I think default turns it off.
              Of course I enabled it. Would be stupid otherwise.

Comment

Leave britney alone

I'm another gentoo user. I'll be emerging when I get home from work (so I don't possibly leave my poor wife with an broken system).
                Hopefully I can contribute meaningfully to the discussion.

But for now I just want to say:

LEAVE realNC ALONE!!!!

OTOH, with all these different packages compiling from git, its no surprise if one of them spontaneously combusts

Comment

Pull from a couple of days back?

Comment

Theres a new OGL2 renderer and an OGLES renderer correct?
                    Is there an advantage to use OGLES over OGL2? Aren't they the same thing except one is for mobiles?

Comment

Fantastic!

I've compiled kde-workspace with Open GL ES on ("-DWITH_OpenGLES=ON -DKWIN_BUILD_WITH_OPENGLES=ON"), and I'm simply stunned by the speed of kwin! It works fantastic!

Kudos to everybody involved in this work!

Comment

Working...
                      X