Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Last Call To Make Novacut A Reality

Phoronix: One Last Call To Make Novacut A Reality

While the latest Humble Indie Bundle is pulling in money at a fierce rate (up to nearly $500k USD in one day), that isn't true for all open-source projects. At the start of the month I mentioned Novacut, which attempts to be yet another open-source video editor. What Novacut is trying to do different from the rest is become the world's first real-time collaborative video editor designed for HDSLR cameras with support for cloud-based storage and rendering. Unfortunately, they're struggling a bit on Kickstarter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

After not being too convinced of the project (read this) I decided to donate a little something, because they also wanted to do GStreamer upstream work so maybe something good will come out of it.

Credit card only. Okay, no donation then.

Comment

my debit card worked. its through amazon payments.

some other commentator replying to that post.

even if you don't believe they can achieve making a world leading distributed video editor, they will still do lots of useful work in couchdb, dmedia, gstreamer, gnonlin. this helps opensource video editing in general, and probably other projects as well. i am quite interested in using dmedia for stills photography.

if they succeed then linux gets a great editor.

Comment

and this one

Comment

I hope they succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            After not being too convinced of the project (read this)
            The writer of that article seems like a douche.

Comment

What are these 25k going to be used on??

This amount doesn't seem to be able to cover the cost of a payed dev for more than a few months. And a video editor even if its based on existing technology seems like a BIG project.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevertime View Post
                The writer of that article seems like a douche.
                Why do you say that?
                He isn't making any ad hominem attacks, nor attacks of any kind really. If I were a strong novacut supporter I could see how his post could be disheartening but that doesn't make him a dbag.

Comment

It has met the target

It will be funded.

Comment

Cloud based video editing... And who's gonna pay $120 for an internet connection with a permitting data limit?

Comment

Working...
                    X