Report test duration to OpenBenchmarking.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report test duration to OpenBenchmarking.org

I think it would be cool of the PTS would record and submit the test duration to OpenBenchmarking.org and they'd make it public for each test. That way, a user could make an approximate impression of how long a test would take, because some take about a minute (pts/stream) while others take an hour (pts/ramspeed). It doesn't make sense technically, but it would help a lot to have an idea of how long the test might take, so a user would know if she has time for a bathroom break or should go to sleep.

Originally posted by abcd View Post
    I think it would be cool of the PTS would record and submit the test duration to OpenBenchmarking.org and they'd make it public for each test. That way, a user could make an approximate impression of how long a test would take, because some take about a minute (pts/stream) while others take an hour (pts/ramspeed). It doesn't make sense technically, but it would help a lot to have an idea of how long the test might take, so a user would know if she has time for a bathroom break or should go to sleep.
    It already does that if you enable anonymous usage reporting from the test client... But it doesn't yet pull it back downstream upon a new test installation, it's just stuck on my very long TODO list to complete that part.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X