Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 8.42 support xrandr?

Hello!

I'm new here and I hope that I haven't missed this information, but does anybody know if the new fglrx 8.42 will support xrandr 1.2 or higher (and xorg 7.3). Would be really good to know because I'd like to use my laptop with a dualhead configuration and a beamer and I don't want to switch the xorg.confs every time.

Friendly Greetings

Bernhard

Chances are rather low that it will because ATI is using its own dynamic display management stuff. But that might work for you, no idea because I did never try it.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanovic View Post
      Chances are rather low that it will because ATI is using its own dynamic display management stuff. But that might work for you, no idea because I did never try it.
      thx for the reply! That would mean that I'd need to install ati's catalyst control center or am I wrong?

Don't know how to get it thought... because I've installed the fglrx driver through yast from the ati repository.

Comment

ATI's version of the xrandr program is called aticonfig. You should be able to type it from your terminal and then use --help for a list of arguments. It should be available through YaST if not already installed.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          ATI's version of the xrandr program is called aticonfig. You should be able to type it from your terminal and then use --help for a list of arguments. It should be available through YaST if not already installed.
          Does aticonfig use xrandr internally or has it it's own implementation (as stated above)? The problem is that if I choose the dualhead configuration with aticonfig it just hangs (aticonfig doesn't react anymore). This seems to happen before it changes the xorg.conf because I haven't found any changes yet... Seems to be a bug. (i get no error message)

Comment

Originally posted by LordBernhard View Post
            Does aticonfig use xrandr internally or has it it's own implementation (as stated above)? The problem is that if I choose the dualhead configuration with aticonfig it just hangs (aticonfig doesn't react anymore). This seems to happen before it changes the xorg.conf because I haven't found any changes yet... Seems to be a bug. (i get no error message)
            aticonfig uses its own extension and not the RANDR extension.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
            X