Phoronix Videos Section To Launch Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Videos Section To Launch Soon

By the end of this week the Phoronix Videos section should be born... it will be off to a slow start at first, but I bet you can guess what the first Linux video will be showing... Any ideas?

You'll need a Phoronix Forums username and password to be able to download the videos.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

I'm hoping for a video of Compiz Fusion working flawlessly with fglrx, preferably on a R300 card.

Comment

Originally posted by Betel View Post
      I'm hoping for a video of Compiz Fusion working flawlessly with fglrx, preferably on a R300 card.
      I guess Michael will use his monster-end 8 Core + HD 2900 XT system but yes, what else should he wants to show us? Ubuntu Gutsy + Compiz Fusion 0.6. But be sure to turn the cube on! I am not sure if the Ubuntu default Compiz configuration supports it.

Some days ago people on Planet Ubuntu talked about a screen capture program especially for Gnome, called Istanbul. Just in case someone's interested.

Comment

I bet you can guess what the first Linux video will be showing.
        stable fglrx? nah, i'm expecting way too much

Comment

My guess would be either the linux version of ET: Quake Wars or UT3. Though there is a little chance that we might see working AIGLX with the fglrx driver...

Comment

Rather shameless ad but if you are planning to publish some in-game footage, you might be interested in this project. Even my 2-core, single-GPU system is able to capture sauerbraten @ 45fps.

Comment

Istanbul is great for recording the entire desktop or just portions of the screen. It's very nice and have used it for quite a while. Though if you're recording any videos or games with Istanbul, your display will choke. It's just good for normal desktop tasks.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Always happy with xvidcap for capturing . Here's one from me.

Comment

Working...
                X