Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Phoronix Guide To Oktoberfest 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'll checkout Erlanger Bergkirchweih next year, thanks!

I also like Starkbierfest, Frühlingsfest, Silvester, and just about any other festival over there :P
    check out the cannstatter wasen its the second largest in Germany.. and near by my place.

@Michael

if you want to taste real beer go to a festival in Belgium :trollface:

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    check out the cannstatter wasen its the second largest in Germany.. and near by my place.
    I've been wanting to go to Cannstatter Volksfest for like two years, but never remember / always get distracted by Munich.

I've been wanting to go to Cannstatter Volksfest for like two years, but never remember / always get distracted by Munich.
    the Cannstatter Wasen is really differend complete different beer and food

a Knödel on Wasen:

and the Knödel on münich folksfest:

and different beer:

and the legendary Tannenzäpfle :

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    the Cannstatter Wasen is really differend complete different beer and food

a Knödel on Wasen:

Looks like Semmelknödel? So you just have that there instead of Kartoffelknödel? I like the potatoes better, but when I am cooking knödel I tend to make Semmelknödel since they tend to turn out better than when I am making Kartoffelknödel from scratch.

Looks like some new beers to try!

Oh god, these photos of food. *rawwrrr*
    Since I don't drink beer (yes, I am a bad German) I never attended to any beer exhibitions, Bierfest or anything the like. Though I am tempted to sneak in and serve Michael some Saxonian (.de) and Bohemian (.cz) beer.
    But you can really get me with a good Bratwurst, Obatzda (yum! Also common in the Bohemian/Czech region afaik) and similar things. I like Berliner-material Brezel (neutral or sweet type, softer material) more than the Laugenbrezel (neutral to salty, material is relatively firm inside and crunchy on the outside) and I also love the hungarian frybread Langos (goes with about everything on it). Knödel/Klöße are also most welcome, especially when you have them from lunch, slice them and fry them in the evening.
    omg. Now I am hungry. Really hungry.

Looks like Semmelknödel? So you just have that there instead of Kartoffelknödel? I like the potatoes better, but when I am cooking knödel I tend to make Semmelknödel since they tend to turn out better than when I am making Kartoffelknödel from scratch.

Looks like some new beers to try!
    sure schaben make semmelknödel and they put 50%/50% in the potato ködel to.

if you buy a meal with knödel in bawarian you get potato one and in schwaben you get semmelknödeln even the potato version of schwaben do have 50% semmeln in it.

and you get Spätzle to the schweinshachsen ... the schwäbisch people put spätzle everywere

for example to sausages the Legendary Linsen mit Spätzle sausages:

sure new beer to try but you can get this beer only im Schwabenländle!

buy a guid to the Schwabenländle: http://www.amazon.de/Mit-dem-Wohnmob.../dp/3939789186

There are Semmelknödel in Bavaria too, depends on the meal and the place what you get - Spätzl arent that uncommon either.

edit: and yes, schwaben does not really belong to bayern ;P

@michael You should totally put a 10/10 Phoronix Approved sticker on this event! XD

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    @michael You should totally put a 10/10 Phoronix Approved sticker on this event! XD
    That's not appropriate for a guide... Maybe after the event is over, I can see how it is this year in terms of the food, beer, music, and women, and then see if it's warranting of a Phoronix Editor's Choice Award