Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash Player 11 For 64-Bit Linux Is Christened

Phoronix: Adobe Flash Player 11 For 64-Bit Linux Is Christened

As we have been expecting since May, the next Adobe Flash Player release finally re-syncs the 64-bit build with the Flash updates in the mainline code available to 32-bit users. This is the first public beta release of the Adobe Flash Player 11 that offers both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries to Linux users, along with 64-bit binaries for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think CrystalHD support has been there before, even for Linux...

But the overall performance of Flash 11 is *A LOT* better. You can actually watch fullscreen video now without that ridiculous slideshow-ish performance.

Comment

It (the 64bit version) indeed supports VDPAU, but it managed to freeze within like 5 minutes of usage while in fullscreen after pausing and restarting a youtube video with the keyboard. Thus, hopefully at least the next beta will be stable enough for usage on a daily basis.

Comment

no vp8?

Why on earth is there still no VP8 (webm) codec support!
        I want to have html5 webm videos with fallback to a vp8 flash video
        14 months ago they said a future version of flash would support it

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
          http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform...t_for_vp8.html
          Yep, a future version. That means that you only get to call it "late" once the future is over.

Comment

Well, or this flash version doesn't work well with 275.x nvidia drivers or it is really crap release. Freezes my pc within seconds with any flash video and the quality is much much lower than the square version. So... I had to revert to the older version because I don't like to reboot my pc every 10 seconds and watch running squares on my screen instead of a actual video.

Comment

Well, that's pretty nice. I guess I finally won't need that nspluginwrapper.

Comment

flash's vdpau support is very broken for me, and has been since inception.
                it leaves overlays on the screen, and just loves to crash not just the browser, but the whole machine.

So I eventually had to disable ALL hardware acceleration to stop it hosing my system.

Grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
                  Why on earth is there still no VP8 (webm) codec support!
                  I want to have html5 webm videos with fallback to a vp8 flash video
                  http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform...t_for_vp8.html
                  Isn't HTML5 video element largely about replacing Flash for video? That's why Adobe won't hurry up to expedite its adoption.

Comment

It doesn't use VDPAU for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X