Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Companion 28

Phoronix: Nouveau Companion 28

It's time for another issue of the Nouveau Companion, which talks about the development work done on the open-source 2D/3D NVIDIA driver over the past two weeks. Among the topics talked about in this issue include PlayStation 3 graphics via Nouveau, using TTM memory manager, and the Gallium3D architecture. A stable 2D Nouveau driver is about completed with EXA support but currently lacks an EXA implementation on the older NVIDIA hardware and there are still problems with NVIDIA's GeForce 8 hardware.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I read on last news about Nouveau that some hardware has been given.

Would someone be interested by my old GeForce4-Ti 4200 / 64 Mb ???

I can send it to any developper that would be interested, instead of having this card rusting in my basement !

Let me know.

Comment

they really should add soomething to their FAQ if they want hardware donations. I have offered on IRC but got no response. but the latest Nouveau Companion suggests that they do need hardware.

Comment

I tested a recent Nouveau build in F8 test 3 on my 8600 GTS, and it works pretty well for 2D. No Xv yet, and the video out indeed dies when trying to go to text mode, but it's still great progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
          I read on last news about Nouveau that some hardware has been given.

Would someone be interested by my old GeForce4-Ti 4200 / 64 Mb ???

I can send it to any developper that would be interested, instead of having this card rusting in my basement !

Let me know.
          Hello, I've just updated the FAQ with information regarding hardware donations.

We do appreciate them.
          As far as your precise card is concerned, I suggest you send a mail to the mailing list [email protected], or join the IRC channel, and see who replies.
          I don't need it myself just now because I'm busy with other things, but if nobody else takes it I'm interested, because I'll need NV2x testing hardware in a few months.

Comment

Working...
          X