Last month, I was trying to get it merged before the 7.11 merge window
closed. When that didn't happen, I decided to stop being in a hurry and
instead make some more improvements before trying again to get it merged
to master. Also, Brian Paul pointed out an issue that I hadn't noticed
before where st/mesa needed the current fragment shader to be in Mesa IR
form for glBitmap, glDrawPixels, and glCopyPixels to work correctly.
All of that is done now, as I finished the glBitmap path on Sunday and
the DrawPixels/CopyPixels path on Saturday. So now I need to fix a few
minor things like commit messages and one case where the old path
generates better code than glsl_to_tgsi. The merge might also be
delayed a bit further if it's decided that it should wait until after
7.11 is released, as Ian's reply suggested.