Gentoo 32bit Mesa Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentoo 32bit Mesa Overlay

To save myself creating a 32bit chroot purely for the latest 32bit Mesa I've hacked together a simple overlay based on the ebuild in the x11 overlay

Here is the link to it on the gentoo forums

This is the overlay itself

This build is LLVMpipe compatible and works for me with r600g

Use at your own risk and it may eat your kittens etc

Let me know how you get on

Mike
    Last edited by FireBurn; 11 July 2011, 08:37 PM.

I already did something similar in the past, but it's too much an assle to keep it up to date such a way. Someone should really fix mesa-999, libdrm-999 and xf86-video-ati-9999 in the multilib overlay, even ubuntu has a decent multiarch support nowadays
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      I already did something similar in the past, but it's too much an assle to keep it up to date such a way. Someone should really fix mesa-999, libdrm-999 and xf86-video-ati-9999 in the multilib overlay, even ubuntu has a decent multiarch support nowadays
      I use kdiff3 to keep it up to date, plus it's still a lot easier than a chroot or the multilib overlay

Comment

Hi I've updated my overlay and hosted it on github too

git://github.com/FireBurn/Overlay.git

Let me know if you have any issues

Comment

What's wrong with the Gentoo multilib overlay? (https://github.com/sjnewbury/multilib-overlay/wiki)

Comment

I found I had to recompile most of my system to use multilib it and it was rather temperamental

I only need 32bit compatibility for wine

The are just builds that update mesa & libdrm and work with llvm - I'm sure if flameeyes sees them he'd cry but they do work so I thought I'd share

Comment

1) You will have a bad time unmasking all the needed dependencies
              2) mesa/libdrm/xf86-video-* 9999 ebuild are not kept up to date and do not work
              3) You will have to compile tons of packages while you will probably need only mesa/libdrm/llvm
              ## VGA ##

Comment

P.S.
                This is a tip if you do use Intel:
                Code:
                COLLISION_IGNORE="/usr/lib32/llvm/libLTO.so /usr/lib32/llvm/libEnhancedDisassembly.so /usr/lib32/libdrm.so /usr/lib32/libdrm.so.2 /usr/lib32/libdrm.so.2.4.0 \
                        /usr/lib32/libdrm_intel.so /usr/lib32/libdrm_intel.so.1 /usr/lib32/libdrm_intel.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib32/libkms.so /usr/lib32/libkms.so.1 /usr/lib32/libkms.so.1.0.0 \
                        /usr/lib32/dri/i965g_dri.so /usr/lib32/dri/swrastg_dri.so /usr/lib32/egl/egl_gallium.so /usr/lib32/libGLU.so /usr/lib32/libGLU.so.1 /usr/lib32/mesa/i965_dri.so \
                        /usr/lib32/mesa/i965g_dri.so /usr/lib32/mesa/swrast_dri.so /usr/lib32/mesa/swrastg_dri.so /usr/lib32/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so \
                        /usr/lib32/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib32/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/libGL.so.1.2"
                Put it in /etc/make.conf
                ## VGA ##

Comment

I have this in my make.conf

Code:
                  COLLISION_IGNORE="/usr/lib32 /lib32"
                  I keep forgetting that's there

Comment

That's the mesa-32bit ebuild resynced with the x11 overlay

Comment