Mesa 7.11 Release Candidate 1 Arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatih View Post
    What are the minimum requirements for drm,libdrm,and co ?
    libdrm 2.4.24 is required.
    I believe it is supposed to work with any drm version, but some features and optimizations will be disabled unless you are using drm from at least linux 2.6.39.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      Then I wonder why it sucks so much on my box?
      Is your card AGP by any chance?

Comment

Setting clock rates manually

That's what I had been wondering with my evergreen card for months until I found out the clock speeds are not set correctly on my system.

If you haven't already make sure the clocks have been set to something reasonable:
        Code:
        cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info
        I suspect power management is currently the biggest problem Radeon users have with Mesa.

I have slowly been doing something to improve the situation because my laptop has several useful clock modes that are not used at all even if I manually set "low", "mid", or "high"! Those almost randomly picked clock modes or the 2 that are used by dynpm are just not good enough in my case.

I wonder if it would be acceptable for mainline inclusion to make a kernel patch and an user mode program that could be used to manually select sane clock modes for fixed profiles and dynpm? Perhaps it could even be part of driconf?

Comment

Isn't your hardware slow?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Is your card AGP by any chance?
            No, it's a PCI E. X1600XT. I will have to check some other games, too. Maybe there's a problem with OA only.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
              Isn't your hardware slow?
              Not for OA or Q3. It was very smooth on my old GF2 MX 400. ;> I have Athlon X2 5000+, 2GB RAM and Ati x1600xt, now.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlaht View Post
                That's what I had been wondering with my evergreen card for months until I found out the clock speeds are not set correctly on my system.

If you haven't already make sure the clocks have been set to something reasonable:
                [CODE]
                cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info
                Thanks, but it seems I don't have such option - there's no such file or directory

Comment

Thanks, but it seems I don't have such option - there's no such file or directory
                  Make sure you have debugfs mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                    Make sure you have debugfs mounted.
                    If it's enough to do: mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug

then it doesn't work. I suppose my graphic card doesn't support the feature.

Comment

If it's enough to do: mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug

then it doesn't work. I suppose my graphic card doesn't support the feature.
                      It should be enough if your kernel has CONFIG_DEBUG_FS=y.

From what I remember from the code I think radeon_pm_info should be available even if power management is disabled. (But I might be wrong too.)

Comment

Working...
                      X