Thread: Livecd with recent catalyst driver

Default Livecd with recent catalyst driver

Are there any livecds that contain a recent version of the catalyst driver? I want to test my eyefinity setup before making space for an install.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patrwest View Post
    Are there any livecds that contain a recent version of the catalyst driver? I want to test my eyefinity setup before making space for an install.

Thanks
    i only know kanotix ... ask kano...

Quote Originally Posted by patrwest View Post

Thanks
    A while ago I came across someone claiming they installed fglrx in the live try mode of the Ubuntu livecd by downloading and installing the driver from the ubuntu repos. Of course it asks you to reboot after installing the driver which would blow the driver away but they said it was possible to activate the driver without rebooting. I don't recall how though.

just use kanotix 2011-05 and boot with gfx on. that will enable fglrx / nvidia binary driver directly on bootup.

PCLinuxOS enables fglrx from the start if applicable, if I remember well.

Are there any tricks to creating a Live CD with the Catalyst driver? Anyone mind sharing these tricks if there are any?