Clear All

Some more data points:

RV570 / r300g
    Ran 60.835s, average fps 360.19, min 1

Average on fps 181.47, average off fps 574.93

G45/Eaglelake / i965
    Ran 112.156s, average fps 79.93, min 1

Average on fps 20.30, average off fps 199.95

MLAA isn't rendering correctly with i965 as seen on this screenshot: (ignore the tearing)

Not sure if it's of any interest, I guess you're targeting G3D-drivers?

Comment

Yeah, inside Mesa it's gallium only. But if i965 claims to support the required extensions, you might want to report the bug.

Thanks for the testing whizse

Comment

Code:
        Irrlicht Engine version 1.7.2
        Linux 3.0.0-0300rc2-generic #201106081532 SMP Wed Jun 8 16:21:54 UTC 2011 i686
        Creating X window...
        ATTENTION: default value of option vblank_mode overridden by environment.
        ATTENTION: option value of option vblank_mode ignored.
        Visual chosen: : 276
        Using renderer: OpenGL 2.1
        Gallium 0.4 on ATI RS480: X.Org R300 Project
        OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
        GLSL version: 1.2
        Loaded texture: AreaMap33
        Unsupported texture format
        GLSL shader failed to compile
        0:4(12): warning: extension `GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod' unsupported in fragment shader
        0:0(0): error: no matching function for call to `texture2DLod(sampler2D, vec2, float)'
        0:16(86): error: `return' with wrong type , in function `tex2Doffset' returning vec4
        0:0(0): error: no matching function for call to `texture2DLod(sampler2D, vec2, float)'
        0:72(48): error: type mismatch
        0:72(48): error: `return' with wrong type , in function `Area' returning vec2
        0:88(54): error: type mismatch
        0:89(54): error: type mismatch
        0:103(54): error: type mismatch
        0:104(54): error: type mismatch

Quit message received.

Ran 160.744s, average fps 67.58, min 1

Average on fps 8.91, average off fps 109.41
        Does not seem to do anything on mine image quality wise (I guess it's that shader warning up there). No visible image distortion/artifacts.

Mesa 7.12
        RS480 (200M) on r300g
        swapbufferswait off
        vblank_mode 0

Comment

r500+ ?

I think that GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod is only available on SM 3.0 (r500) cards and higher.

Comment

[stephen@goodt60 MLAA-test-app]$ ./mlaatest
            Linux 2.6.39-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 27 22:01:13 CEST 2011 i686
            Gallium 0.4 on ATI RV515: X.Org R300 Project
            Quit message received.

Ran 10.341s, average fps 187.40, min 1

Still reporting MLAA as being off, and still jagged edges.

This is with the latest git master mesa, on an X1400 (r500). I'm using KDE4, and turning composting on/off doesn't change the result.
            Last edited by TheCycoONE; 07 July 2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
              Still reporting MLAA as being off, and still jagged edges.
              You can toggle MLAA with pressing 'm' on your keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                I think that GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod is only available on SM 3.0 (r500) cards and higher.
                Yeah, the minimum hw is r500/gf6. Not sure what's the minimum on intel.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                  You can toggle MLAA with pressing 'm' on your keyboard
                  Thanks, with MLAA I get good output (including smoothing) and 20fps. KDE feels really sluggish while it's on and I get a warning that desktop effects are being disabled due to bad performance, but CPU utilization is low.

Comment

HD2400 Pro test

Hi,

Code:
                    [msaun@phobos Linux]$ ./mlaatest
                    Linux 2.6.38.8-32.fc15.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 13 19:49:05 UTC 2011 x86_64
                    Creating X window...
                    Visual chosen: : 282
                    Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV610: X.Org
                    Quit message received.

Ran 53.019s, average fps 55.35, min 1

Average on fps 14.78, average off fps 94.92
                    The vid card in this system is:
                    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV610 video device [Radeon HD 2400 PRO]

Comment

Hi all,
                      I've read this Phoronix article with some interest. I have tested the MLAA for Mesa with the nouveau nvfx driver. I'm currently on Fedora 15 with a NV40 (Geforce 6,800 GT) Graphics Card.

The results failed for me.when I exported my paths to point to my "just built" not installed Mesa from git,I ran the ./mlaatest and the test just froze. I couldn't save the error,but it came up with something like "no GLSL detected".

I have built the xserver from git on my system and I keep that up to date,with a git version of Mesa there too. When I logged into my git xserver, ( exported the paths pointing to /mesa/lib and /mesa/lib/gallium to the Mesa that is in my xorg-git folder where I built my git version of xserver and ran /path/to/my/xorg/git/bin/startx).

I ran the same ./mlaatest executable,the window did flare up,bwith lots of lines,and I got this error:

[CODE[steve@mernivia 32]$ ./mlaatest
                      Linux 3.0.0-rc6+ #1 SMP Wed Jul 6 11:03:12 BST 2011 i686
                      Mesa X11: Brian Paul
                      Mesa warning: User called no-op dispatch function (an unsupported extension function?)
                      Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_ENUM in glProgramParameters4fvNV
                      Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glEndConditionalRender()
                      Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_ENUM in glGetIntegerIndexedv(pname=GL_FRAMEBUFFER)
                      Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_ENUM in glTexParameter(target)
                      FBO error
                      FBO incomplete
                      FBO error
                      FBO incomplete
                      FBO error
                      FBO incomplete
                      No RTT
                      [/CODE]

I hope that will help the developer working on the project.

Regards,
                      Nightcast2000

Comment

Working...
                      X