AMD's New Open-Source Employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    finally a team of dedicated support. lets hope we see a difference, the radeon drivers have a long way to go to be competitive to basically all drivers, proprietary and open source.
    which OS driver is better as the radon in your opinion?

Comment

In one word:

AWESOME

I am hoping to see support for "Audio over HDMI" for Evergreen/N-Islands soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
        which OS driver is better as the radon in your opinion?
        Intel Sandy Bridge is much, MUCH better. I always hated Intel drivers, but they did a damn good work with Sandy Bridge! The HD3000 isn't very powerful (to be honest it sucks compared to Ati GPUs), but nonetheless it performs better than lots of Radeon cards because of better drivers, even better than their Windows driver

I did some benchmarks in the end of may, now it's even better:

Unfortunately there is no s3tc support, but you have hardware h264 encode and decode.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          Unfortunately there is no s3tc support, but you have hardware h264 encode and decode.
          HTC just bought S3 Graphics for 300 million dollars, who knows what will happen.

Comment

Are you sure about that? i965 have had S3TC support since, well ages, and I can't find any open bug reports about it missing this with SB.

Comment

Are Michel and Christian working remotely?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                Are you sure about that? i965 have had S3TC support since, well ages
                Are you sure? Planeshift does blacklist all intel drivers disabling s3tc texture compression.
                Anyway I never tested s3tc on sandy bridge.
                ## VGA ##

Comment

Are you sure? Planeshift does blacklist all intel drivers disabling s3tc texture compression.
                  Anyway I never tested s3tc on sandy bridge.
                  I'm sure about S3TC on G45 at least, haven't tried Planeshift though.

Comment

Uhm... how does it implement s3tc? I never heard of someone using libtxc_dxtn with intel drivers.
                    ## VGA ##

Comment

libtxc_dxtn of course.

Honestly? How you can even consider it so much better than the other Mesa drivers when you didn't even know it supported S3TC is quite beyond me...

Comment

Working...
                      X