No announcement yet.

AMD's New Open-Source Employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I do use and benchmark both radeon (both R300g and R600g) and Intel (GM45 and Sandy Bridge)? I opened something like 30 bugs for GM45, when I tell it does suck it's because of problems, lots of problems. I still have to apply patches to vanilla kernels to be able to use the G45 shit. I never felt the need of S3TC with Intel cards and so I never tested it and never cared.

Did you test Sandy Bridge? Can you tell me why don't you like it?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I never said I didn't like it. The only i965 hardware I have is G45. Support was shaky at first but it came along nicely a few releases later.

Comment

I still have problems with spurious S-Video TV detections, the new native backlight control sucks and there is still no h264 decode support in master, but yeah, it's in a much MUCH better shape than in the past
        ## VGA ##

Comment

By the way, does your laptop have a TV out connector? If yes I do have a patch you can test to help me merging the patch against spurious detections in vanilla kernels.
          ## VGA ##

Comment

G45 so it's a desktop, not a laptop (no TV-out).

Also, keep in mind that the functions and problems you mentioned have nothing to do with the 3D driver, so comparisons are moot.

Comment

drm is the important part of a driver and it affects 3d performance too, anyway I never mentioned 3d while talking about GM45. I mentioned it while talking about Sandy Bridge.
              ## VGA ##

Comment

Impressive resumes
                Looking forward to what they come up with!

Comment

Welcome, welcome. Good to see the driver staff enlarged. Funny also that Michel kinda comes back home.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                    Christian K?nig are you continuing working on Video acceleration?
                    Yes I do, but currently I'm mostly reading docs and trying to cleanup the previous video decoding work.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post
                      Yes I do, but currently I'm mostly reading docs and trying to cleanup the previous video decoding work.
                      That's awesome news. The whole Linux community is looking at you, Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X