Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's New Open-Source Employees

Phoronix: AMD's New Open-Source Employees

Joining John Bridgman and Alex Deucher in working on the open-source driver stack at AMD are two new, but familiar, names: Michel D?nzer and Christian K?nig. These two Linux graphics driver developers are now officially AMD employees...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

congratulations to both.

Christian K?nig are you continuing working on Video acceleration?
    Last edited by Nille; 05 July 2011, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Awesome!

Good luck to both of you!

Comment

Good news, good people!

I'm hoping to see lots of exciting work coming from these two!

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
          Good news, good people!

I'm hoping to see lots of exciting work coming from these two!
          Can't agree more!

I hope they both will enjoy their work lots!

Comment

Understaffed less now. Nice AMD! Slowly but surely Linux keeps on improving and I've never regretted buying AMD products. This is a rare case of products improving over time, instead of declining in worth.

Now that HTMLv5 is comming, Java is open sourced and videographics are finally starting to run respectably compared to a few years ago, the only thing remaining on my wishlist is Coreboot. That stinking BIOS needs to die, yesterday!

Comment

AMD supports coreboot on all future chipsets

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              Now that HTMLv5 is comming, Java is open sourced and videographics are finally starting to run respectably compared to a few years ago, the only thing remaining on my wishlist is Coreboot. That stinking BIOS needs to die, yesterday!
              well, you're in luck since AMD announced a few weeks ago that they'll support coreboot on all future chipsets!

Comment

i hope this doesn't kill off the push for video acceleration code

I can't imagine AMD's embedded partners care too much about that feature. But maybe I'm wrong and AMD will actually be putting resources into it - that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                  I can't imagine AMD's embedded partners care too much about that feature. But maybe I'm wrong and AMD will actually be putting resources into it - that would be awesome.
                  Agreed.

However, there aren't any commits for pipe-video for almost a month now...
                  On the other hand bridgman mentioned they have something bigger coming down the pipe. No idea, though, if it has any relation to this.

BTW, they still should recruit Tom and Marek. Then the team would be full!
                  (Oh, I just imagined what would happen if they did that... :O )

Comment

finally a team of dedicated support. lets hope we see a difference, the radeon drivers have a long way to go to be competitive to basically all drivers, proprietary and open source.

Comment

Working...
                    X