Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Yeah, Portal 2 was totally crap. Right.

Ontopic: Valve is the #1 in the game industry and I can't see this changing anytime soon.
    Portal 2 ? as the best game of the year ?
    i am dead of laughings because i played only few first level ...
    first the beginning with 2 or 3 things to do in the room as "training"
    then all explode and you get in the Game...then you have little things to do like with the first portal ...before having to do the wait&load of an little map as previous . it is an as crappy game as duke nukem forever ...
    go buy and play batman from 2009 , no loading stop&go , it uses up to 4 gpu ati and 1 nv for physx .
    crysis engine is also largely good and better than source that is nearly as old as hl with its quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by dcc24 View Post
      And you know this how? You have access to the engine source code? Are you competant enough in both 3D engine design and C++ to make an informed comment? If so, I'd like to know more about your sophistaced, ground-breaking 3D engine projects.

If not, well, that means you are just a good old troll.
      Dude, don't be so catchy. Source Engine, source code(no pun intended) actually leaked, before the release of Half-Life 2. I still have it somewhere on my hard drive, and I can send you if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by jcgeny View Post
        Portal 2 ? as the best game of the year ?
        i am dead of laughings because i played only few first level ...
        Then you haven't really played the game. It seems like you care more about the technical chops of a game engine than the actual game play that it facilitates. I personally would rather have a game that plays smoothly on my radeon 4770 than one that requires 3-4 graphics cards and a 1000w power supply in order to give me something that isn't a slideshow.

And yes, the HL2 and Doom 3 source code both were leaked before release if I remember correctly. I am not sure if the same thing happened with Unreal [Tournament] 2/3.

Comment

Originally posted by dcc24 View Post
          Phoronix is not a Linux news site. It's a tabloid where vaguely-Linux-related pieces can get published as long as they include lots of click/revenue generating keywords (like "steam on linux omg omg omg!"), disgusting-and-completely-unrelated self links and sensationalist headlines.
          I don't get your reply, and your reason for posting here (and probably reading articles) when you are obviously disgusted by Phoronix.

From "Contact" page:
          Phoronix Media is the largest Internet media company devoted to enriching the Linux hardware experience and catering its content to Linux gamers and computer enthusiasts. Its properties primarily focus on Linux hardware reviews, software previews, community technical discussions, and other technology related topics. Phoronix Media also backs a free software repository and the leading open-source Linux benchmarking software.
          But I agree with Wyatt. Why is this Phoronix news? My guess is it's because Valve released something (and still in no way Linux related) and in some twisted way Michael thought it could be spun to be related to the "Steam/Source on Linux" fiasco.

FYI, I like Phoronix, but I'm sick of reading about Valve here. Just get over it already, Michael...

Comment

Working...
          X