Radeon Driver Power Management Has Room For Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    9?? I didn't see any so cheap, anyway I can even keep using the ups, the watts up pro was more interesting because you can connect it to the pc and it has linux drivers.
    Yes, maybe. But I just plug that 9? thing in PC socket and it can show wattage, peak wattage, power efficiency etc. And to test if its showing right, plug 40w light bulb in it or something similar.. I mean, of course maybe wattsup shows more precisely and can report back the consumption to the machine, to use it in scripts etc. But for random drain check the basic 9? thing is more than enough. Is in every supermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by sstp View Post
      On opensource drivers power managment dont work at all on my Sapphire HD 2600 XT. I tried every state - nothing happens, even dynpm doesnt works Tested on Ubuntu 11.04 amd64 and gentoo amd64-2.6.38. /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info always same:

Code:
      default engine clock: 800000 kHz
      current engine clock: 796500 kHz
      default memory clock: 700000 kHz
      current memory clock: 693000 kHz
      voltage: 1200 mV
      PCIE lanes: 16
      Code:
      sensors:

radeon-pci-0200
      Adapter: PCI adapter
      temp1:       +82.0 C
      On fglrx everything works.
      Open bug on freedesktop please.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        9?? I didn't see any so cheap, anyway I can even keep using the ups, the watts up pro was more interesting because you can connect it to the pc and it has linux drivers.
        Preisvergleich für PC-Hardware, Software, Video/Foto, Unterhaltungselektronik, Sport & Freizeit und Haushalt in Deutschland

Comment

Working...
        X