No announcement yet.

Burning Through Power: Linux Regressions Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment there are just big words. Nothing shown for real. That is not serious.

Comment

xine-lib VAAPI support.

Download xine-plugin-crystalhd for free. Xine plugin ChrystalHD is a decoder plugin for xine-lib-1.2 to supporting the Broadcom CrystalHD video decoders ( bcm70012/bcm70015 ).

Phoronix doesn't tell you that there is also VAAPI support for xine-lib. Thx to this censored board where to information depends on phoronix, they wanna let you know or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsi View Post
        At the moment there are just big words. Nothing shown for real. That is not serious.

Boring troll is boring

Comment

From the Twitter feed:
          The 2.6.38 reg workaround just saved 13% power on a ThinkPad, but looks like there's another ~23% can be worked out by PTS on other regs
          54 minutes ago

Comment

i was expecting a huge article over the power regression

probably its coming in the following days

Comment

Michael has no clue that a site should place its readers before their adds sponsors?

If you treat your readers like this, what the hell do you expect from them in return? You want add revenue? Be a good website then that people visit often and want to read. If you suck, you don't deserve revenue.

Comment

Is it the start of a flame?

--
                A user who's going to click the ads

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Michael has no clue that a site should place its readers before their adds sponsors?

If you treat your readers like this, what the hell do you expect from them in return? You want add revenue? Be a good website then that people visit often and want to read. If you suck, you don't deserve revenue.
                  I don't like it either, but I can see his position on this.

With that said, after all is said and done, I would love to see some reporting on precisely why he was the only person working on this. I heard nothing about other people doing anything at all. I tried looking for it on the mailing list once, but I did not find anything whatsoever. Something is seriously wrong if a media reporter is the only person available to work on an issue affecting so many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
                    I don't like it either, but I can see his position on this.

With that said, after all is said and done, I would love to see some reporting on precisely why he was the only person working on this. I heard nothing about other people doing anything at all. I tried looking for it on the mailing list once, but I did not find anything whatsoever. Something is seriously wrong if a media reporter is the only person available to work on an issue affecting so many people.
                    No, Michael is definitely not the only person to work on an issue that affects lots of people. But he behaves like he is. He also forgets that his whole "enterprise" is based on free software and he didn't pay them anything back, he only tries to make money out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsi View Post
                      xine-lib VAAPI support.

Download xine-plugin-crystalhd for free. Xine plugin ChrystalHD is a decoder plugin for xine-lib-1.2 to supporting the Broadcom CrystalHD video decoders ( bcm70012/bcm70015 ).

Phoronix doesn't tell you that there is also VAAPI support for xine-lib. Thx to this censored board where to information depends on phoronix, they wanna let you know or not.

This is completely unrelated. At any rate, it looks like what you're linking to is crystalhd or Broadcom graphics. We already knew they support VA-API (and it was mentioned on this site.)

Comment

Working...
                      X