Microbuffer Memory Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microbuffer Memory Technology

This is a question regarding page 4 of Michael Larabel's Dec 17 article on Intel Quad-Core Memory Performance.

Do you have any information on the upcoming Microbuffer memory technology refered to in the article? Is it something being developed for introduction? I've read bits and pieces here and there, but have no idea who is developing it or what it is supposed to do.

I want to thank you in advance for any response you can provide. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much. I enjoy reading your site's articles.
    To answer this question and the many similar questions that have cropped up about this topic, Microbuffer Memory Technology is still very much in its infancy. If it reaches the market, do not expect it to appear before 2008. Microbuffer first looks like it will be adopted for servers and perhaps adopted for notebooks and desktops at a later time -- it's technology is somewhat similar to Fully Buffered Dual Inline Memory Modules. We are working on getting more detailed information on Microbuffer memory technology from contacts and upon getting some more information it will certainly be passed along.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/
Working...
X