AMD Catalyst 11.6 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like i have solved my cursor and lockup problem for good,
    it was a mater of "aticonfig --sync-vsync=off".

I don't think vsync was on in previous drivers, perhaps it started with 11.5, at least that is when the cursor problem started.

But, the bonus is that I think the lockups I have been experiencing have finally stopped for good.

I have an acer aspire with hd4200

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
      Booting without modesetting doesn't help because fglrx doesn't support KMS to begin with, so it's always without modesetting. If there's nothing obvious in the logs it will be very hard to guess what's going on. Your best bet is to go back to version 11.4 until a newer version works and file a bug report on the unofficial catalyst bug tracker.
      Thanks for your explanations, the bugreport is here:

Markus

Comment

hmm..cursor still bugged for me.
        lockups i havent experienced

Comment

yap, corner-bug is still inside the release

Comment

Originally posted by kostas213 View Post
            As I can see, this annoying bug is not resolved. When the mouse is moved at the low right screen, the system "hangs" for 1 second. And as I have read, this bug was fixed for Windows with a hotfix driver some days ago (11.5a I think).
            Same here.. this is new bug for me. 11.4 worked fine. I'm running x86_64 KDE 4.6 Radeon HD5750. Enable/disable vsync or tear-free has no effect.

Did anyone report this bug?
            Last edited by slojam; 02 July 2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

bottom right corner bug NOT in dual screen mode

Originally posted by slojam View Post
              Same here.. this is new bug for me. 11.4 worked fine. I'm running x86_64 KDE 4.6 Radeon HD5750. Enable/disable vsync or tear-free has no effect.
              I have never seen this either. I almost always use two screens, and I have no cursor lag in dual screen mode.
              I have a slight ~100-200 ms lag in clone mode, and ~1000 ms in single screen mode.
              Really odd.

Comment

Working...
              X