Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit IP 35

Hallo at all.

is there anybody who have experience with the abit ip 35 mainboard. Are there some issues with linux or works this mobo fine?

greetings pittt

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

It should work fine but I haven't tried it in a while to remember if there were any odd problems.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

thanks michael,

so i think i will buy this mainboard.

greetings pittt

Comment

Hi pittt

Would you mind reporting if your IP35 is working well under linux or not ? what distro you are running on it ? What kernel version ?
        Of course if you did you bought of that mobo !

Thanks

Comment

i ordered my computer at 2007-11-05, so when i get the new one i will tell you my experience.

greetings pittt

Comment

I have the Abit IP35 Pro and it seems to work nice with my 2.6.22 kernel and Kanotix Thorshammer/Debian 4.0.
            Ubuntu 7.10 and SAM Linux 07 LiveCD also work, i will install and test SAM the next time and tell you if it work.

greetings
            err0r

Comment

so, now i got my new computer and here the first impression.

i use sidux (debian sid based)
              my computer.

board: abit ip35
              cpu: intel dualcore6850 boxed
              ram: 2 GB Geil CL 4
              dvd/dvd burner: samsung sata
              hdd: samsung hd161,h501
              grafik: msi nx8500gt
              cardreader: apacer ae 161

booting with the live-cd sidux 2007-04 eros it works out of the box. no problem with nic, sound, grafik. After installing on the harddisc i got the message: their are no harddisc found, try it with irqpoll at bootline of grub. so i started with cheatcode "irqpoll" and now the box run very fine. no problems. sidux is genial.

greetings pittt

Comment

good to hear, as mine is in the post as we speak, will feedback on how it goes.

will try a "cold swap" from Asrock 775dual vsta, via 880pro based, to abit ip35-3

wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by Cuppa-Chino View Post
                  good to hear, as mine is in the post as we speak, will feedback on how it goes.

will try a "cold swap" from Asrock 775dual vsta, via 880pro based, to abit ip35-3

wish me luck
                  I needed irqpoll as well to get into Ubuntu, had double boots with the board but a latest bios fixed that, not unhappy with it at the moment but of course irqpoll is a bit of a nuisance

Comment

anybody get ip35-e to run without any kernel/boot parameters when using both sata hdd and pata dvd-writer? I am currently using ubuntu 7.10 amd64.

has anybody had any success with another distro or a custom kernel?

fyi I have tried a variety of different boots, including only my primary hdd which is a samsung sp1204c sata 1 (not sata 2) and I could not boot, I keep getting a failed to contact ata device (--> indicates that sata is turned on to ide, but cannot change that in bios) and an error on irq19
                    Last edited by Cuppa-Chino; 17 January 2008, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X