Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK+ 3.2 Squeezes In A Couple More Features

Phoronix: GTK+ 3.2 Squeezes In A Couple More Features

GTK+ 3.2, the first major update since the release of GNOME 3.0 with the overhauled GTK+ 3.0 tool-kit, is coming along nicely in preparation for the September release of GNOME 3.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Broadway sounds so freakin' cool. Can't wait for Gnome 3.2!

Comment

Originally posted by leif81 View Post
      Broadway sounds so freakin' cool. Can't wait for Gnome 3.2!
      Eh, it's a hack. A pretty cool one, and a good proof of concept for non-X remoting, but I really don't see a lot of practical use for it...

Comment

Eh, it's a hack. A pretty cool one, and a good proof of concept for non-X remoting, but I really don't see a lot of practical use for it...
        - thin clients
        - cloud crap (although i dont like the trend)
        - all the web devs waiting to get loose on the desktop

maybe with some hacking itll run on the html backend without any X requirements, that would make headless server administration a bit noob friendlier, if it were easy to setup.

Comment

Why HTML5?

It's not a standard yet! It's "work in progress" stuff!
          The dev team should focus on stability, speed and resource usage instead of marketing buzzwords like HTML5!
          Phew!

Comment

Working...
          X