Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET: Quake Wars For Linux In A Few Weeks

Phoronix: ET: Quake Wars For Linux In A Few Weeks

Based upon id Software's Quake 4 Linux release, we thought the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars release was just days away. However, Timothee Besset (id's Linux guy) has posted in an a ET:QW community update that the Linux client is coming in "a few weeks." This time now is spent on optimizing the client code.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't like saying this but I'm disappointed. You could look at this and say that at least they are releasing a Linux version, though. I haven't even picked up my copy from the game store, and I most likely won't until the Linux installer comes out... no point in getting it beforehand.

Comment

No Ads In Linux Version!

I was feeling depressed about the unavailability of Quake Wars on Linux, so I went to their official forums to find some good news. Here's what I found:
      Originally posted by TTimo View Post
      The Linux client will not have in-game ads. For the simple reason that Massive does not provide a Linux backend.

:infiltrator:
      TTimo is an iD programmer, so he's telling the truth. For me that's a big plus on the Linux client side... no bloat shipped with the Linux client vs. the Windows version. Heres' a link:

Comment

The ads are really unobtrusive anyway. It first i thought this was a bad idea but now i just dont care

Comment

Working...
        X