Which (high end) graphics card to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    It was fixed for truth. Something you cannot seem to handle.
    Sorry, but YOU are the one with serious problems accepting reality.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      And by the way... nvidia blob is NOT by ANY means "excellent". It is a complete piece of barely supported garbage that usually ****DOES NOT WORK****. If you're OK with being blocked from updating your kernel for 2+ years because they refuse to fix a debilitating regression, then have fun. That would NOT satisfy me and I will be caught dead before giving those thieves even ONE CENT of my hard earned money for their trash.
      Works fine here, I can only attribute your troubles to incompetency.

Comment

Works fine here, I can only attribute your troubles to incompetency.
        Personal attacks now? I reported that, but if it ends up going back to you just because you're a moderator, I'll take it up personally with Michael. You have neither the right nor the justification to be a piece of shit asshole like you clearly are.

Drop dead.

Comment

The question whether AMD's or Nvidia's blob is better can of course only be answered with a Phoronix article.

So get some equally expensive modern cards from AMD and Nvidia and benchmark them in:

AMD OpenGL vs. Nvidia OpenGL
          AMD XVBA vs. Nvidia VDPAU
          AMD OpenCL vs. Nvidia OpenCL/CUDA
          AMD CrossFire vs. Nvidia SLI
          AMD Eyefinity vs. er, nevermind

Of course this is totally not what the OP asked for, he wanted to know only about gaming.

Comment

Personal attacks now? I reported that, but if it ends up going back to you just because you're a moderator, I'll take it up personally with Michael. You have neither the right nor the justification to be a piece of shit asshole like you clearly are.

Drop dead.
            Well there is no other reason. The nvidia blobs work fine for thousands of people. Far better then any other solution but because you have an issue you prefer to make a blanket judgment. Go ahead and complain but I stand by what I say as someone that usually screams nonsense 99% of the time is the person to blame for their issue. FYI I have several older cards as well work just fine on newer kernels.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
              The question whether AMD's or Nvidia's blob is better can of course only be answered with a Phoronix article.

So get some equally expensive modern cards from AMD and Nvidia and benchmark them in:

AMD OpenGL vs. Nvidia OpenGL
              AMD XVBA vs. Nvidia VDPAU
              AMD OpenCL vs. Nvidia OpenCL/CUDA
              AMD CrossFire vs. Nvidia SLI
              AMD Eyefinity vs. er, nevermind

Of course this is totally not what the OP asked for, he wanted to know only about gaming.
              AMD XVBA vs. Nvidia VDPAU, that is pretty much a given to vdpau. Widely supported and has had a lot more time to mature. AMD CrossFire vs. Nvidia SLI are both equally useless except for gpgpu computation.

Comment

Well there is no other reason. The nvidia blobs work fine for thousands of people. Far better then any other solution but because you have an issue you prefer to make a blanket judgment. Go ahead and complain but I stand by what I say as someone that usually screams nonsense 99% of the time is the person to blame for their issue. FYI I have several older cards as well work just fine on newer kernels.
                I will be taking this up with Michael. I seriously question how he decided to pick you as a moderator.

Comment

I will be taking this up with Michael. I seriously question how he decided to pick you as a moderator.
                  Feel free to do so.

Comment

Ladies keep it civil please. One V!NCENT is more than enough.

Comment

On a second thought mate, just ban the bastard already!

Comment

Working...
                      X