The "Dirndl" On AMD Opterons Are Impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aleve Sicofante View Post
    Why don't you feel the need to tell your readers what's this all about? Why do you take it for granted everyone knows what you're talking about?

I have no idea what Dirndl is or what it is all about. If you have explained it before, put a link to that earlier article. If you haven't, put a link to an external source that explains it.

This is web journalism 101 and you miss it all the time.
    This.
    I have no idea what this article is even about.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
      This.
      I have no idea what this article is even about.
      It's explained in the article.

Comment

For who is wondering about the compiler deathmatch.. here it is: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...339#post175339

From some months ago but the compiler world doesn't move that fast so the results are probably still valid.

Note the interesting thing in C-Ray. They seem to stay the same with every compiler in that deathmatch! Now if you look at that "Drindl" from this thread you see that C-Ray performs WAY better so, that "Drindl" thing must be doing something magic to perform so much better.

Interesting speculation in here
        Last edited by markg85; 10 June 2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Well, I think that since michael is comparing dirndl to ubuntu, it is something that goes inside the kernel or the os in general. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's the only hint I can guess from the article.

Comment

Working...
          X