Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's New Acceleration Architecture Is Quick To Advance

Phoronix: Intel's New Acceleration Architecture Is Quick To Advance

It was only four days ago that Intel introduced the Sandy Bridge New Acceleration architecture, which brought tremendous speed improvements to their open-source Linux driver stack. Phoronix benchmarks are still forthcoming, but in many workloads the improvements are absolutely incredible, not only for the latest Sandy Bridge hardware but all generations of supported Intel integrated graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I may not like the articles on Phoronix, but the PTS never disappoints when it is needed for benchmarking new and shiny things in the Linuxsphere.

Comment

Just give us decently working acceleration for hardware that has been out for years like the 4500mhd! Recently they claimed to have gained support for this GPU but it won't even compile from what I read here.

Comment

Benchmarks

Please, don't forget to include not only comparision to old Intel driver but also
        - Intel on Windows (if possible)
        - nvidia, ati blobs, perhaps also their open drivers

so that we see how these improvements relate to state-of-the-art graphic performance.

Comment

The needed patch is not even in mainline xorg git... Well i would prefer when Trine would not just crash instead of working on this which is not possible to try with older/current xorg.

Comment

Working...
          X