Linux and Mac are screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnc View Post
    Maybe you missed the first half of my second sentence that you quoted. Your example is not typical.
    I can read fine, thanks... maybe you you missed my whole second paragraph?!?

i may be an exception, in your mind, but people like myself are VERY common...

but the general/non-techy users i mentioned are no exception, they are the 'average-type users of computers, who don't fall into your perception of why people buy Macs. for these people Apple provides better support than many OEMs, the OS itself tends to be easier to use than Windows, and less problematic...

they didn't buy them for any of the reasons you think...i think my comment still stands, either you have an interesting imagination, or some kind of delusion going on here.+

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
      wrong. You only need to hit a website with a malicious flash file.

There are enough remote exploits for mac.

And that guy is not an idiot but a professional Mac-User. Somebody who has to use it every day for a living.

Calling others idiots while posting crap does not make you look any smarter.
      give it up energyman, you are just a troll who likes to spread FUD and a TOTAL IDIOT. you have proven that time and time again, from not knowing what your talking about with various technology specifics, history, and not even knowing how to use google to solve your own problems, with not being able to delete the content of your trash on your 'pretend' Mac, running your 'pretend' version of macoffice..lol.- you even blame Apple, for buggy software that microsoft develops on the Mac platform... FYI i am not saying that to make myself look smarter - it's the conclusion i have come to from reading your comments. so you should seriously shut the @#% up. really.

..sure, he may be a professional mac-user in video-editing land, but that doesn't really mean much. he is also completely wrong about file recovery (i had a drive FAIL, and was able to recover 98% of the data ~ and that was OS9 days, which was worse than today's MacOSX). furthermore, if he is a professional, why the hell isn't he backing up his data, using time machine, or hitting power-off without saving his work?? that's not very smart at all. is it? he also reveals that he is not very Mac-savvy by the fact he says something along the lines ' so then you have to take your computer to the apple store ' ~ referring to losing data and..even funnier he says ' and buy Norton'...ya, okay - complete mac expert eh??? YA RIGHT! - this is another example of how much of an idiot you are - for buying into something this idiotic! he is not a mac expert. period.

he's about as much a Mac Expert as you are..lol

vdieo/film professional does not equal Mac expert anymore than a Photoshop expert equals C programmer.

..and about the flash exploits ~ all you are doing is building a strawman. you are obviously referring to something like 'zero-day exploit' or something like that.. AFAIK shit like that is on any platform, and there are many ways to protect yourself from that. (that one in fact was patched months ago, and reader X has a sandbox too! your info is out of date)...

seriously, you are a total chump!
      Last edited by ninez; 09 July 2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

wrong. You only need to hit a website with a malicious flash file.
        Whaaat?
        You mean that little famous adobe blobby, that is always used to exploit ANY os for priv escalage? Wooo! So Jobbs was right claiming Adobe Flash is BS, no?

Ha, and how about Flashgot site get hacked and distribute malware as usual update? I tell ya, windoze is masterpiece of cheese, and every hardware and software supporter of this expensive, castrated, "exclusive" or "inavoidable" piece of sheese is sheese maker

Originally posted by energyman View Post
        There are enough remote exploits for mac.

And that guy is not an idiot but a professional Mac-User. Somebody who has to use it every day for a living.

Calling others idiots while posting crap does not make you look any smarter.

A professional
        jackass?
        I watched exactly this video 2 years ago. I am not a Mac user. But after 1 Minute I already understood he is either a comedian or a troll. And you still didn't see that, my..
        Ok, the joke with integrated battery and inability to shutdown MAY be realistic (I don't know, I don't own a mac, nor I want it in my proximity, although I've spent LOTS of time with pre osX machines, ie classic 68k), but .. ugh.. mac is a toy. Sure, lol, every household do need a toy. And for getting serious there is Linux.. Or you can toy the linux back with gnome/kde, for that matter. But mac works as its designed to work, it does not catch crappy viruses, it does not break in half, it does not require insane payments for nothing. Sure, its proprietary piece of "cake", but it does not get in the way of IT with its proprietary standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
          Whaaat?
          jackass?
          I watched exactly this video 2 years ago. I am not a Mac user. But after 1 Minute I already understood he is either a comedian or a troll. And you still didn't see that, my.. :
          jackass..lol, awesome lol.

Ya, i think vexxarr is a troll, because if you read his "Vexxarr Rants" page he seems to be a little more serious there. but regardless of whether he is a troll or comedian (probably a combination of both..lol). Energyman is taking severly outdated, innaccurate information and peddling it as fact...

the closest comparison/analogy i can come up with is that energyman is basically like a "Creationist" trying to debunk "evolution" using non-factual information, strawman's fallacy, quote-mining, etc. he is delutional and a moron. he just wrote something stupid in the EKOPath thread too, as it's come to light that certain parts of EKOPath compiled code, may not be redistributable. funnily, and why i mention this - is the energyman proceeded to say that it's only a problem if you are too cheap to pay for the license, but the license is likely $1750 USD for the compiler suite (that's as much as a Macbook Pro, and he bitches about Mac prices?!?!? lol.

energyman is not only a troll, but extremely dumb to boot..

Comment

• Originally posted by ninez View Post
            he is delutional and a moron.
            I believe that's "delusional".

Comment

• yeah, outdated...

oops... MacOS locked up, and the only thing I did was adding some pics to a word file

oops... trashcan is filled with many gigabytes of undeletable data

yeah, MacOs is so awesome - piece of shit.

Comment

yeah, outdated...

Oops... Macos locked up, and the only thing i did was adding some pics to a word file

oops... Trashcan is filled with many gigabytes of undeletable data

yeah, macos is so awesome - piece of shit.
                pebkac....

Comment

oops... MacOS locked up, and the only thing I did was adding some pics to a word file
                  And BTW M$ patched Office for that Office issue.

and as far as the trash can goes:

sudo rm -rf ~/.Trash/*

Just like pretty much any other *nix.

If it doesn't clear then I can guarantee you that you have a faulty harddrive.
                  Last edited by deanjo; 09 July 2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnc View Post
                    I believe that's "delusional".
                    typo. sorry. your obviously understood though.

Comment

yeah, outdated...

oops... trashcan is filled with many gigabytes of undeletable data

yeah, MacOs is so awesome - piece of shit.
                      trashcan is filled with undeletable data, and yet you were already told to use 'secure trash', emergyman and his moronic fallacies... Microsoft designs MacOffice in house, not Apple. they obviously have some Macs kicking around Microsoft ~ and should be testing this stuff, to make sure crap like this doesn't happen .You're beef is with MS, as i already pointed out. this is just another example, of you using out-of-date information to setup a fallacy....furthermore as already pointed out to you, this happens in windows too - i've seen MSOffice take down Windows many times.

why don't you just change your user-name to 'Captain Troll" - because that is what you are, a troll who loves to FUD.
                      Last edited by ninez; 09 July 2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X