Advertisements On Phoronix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joy of Google word matching....

I just brought up the forum main page, and what did I see an advertisement for ? The Shanghai Leader Catalyst company, promoting a new polyethylene catalyst for high volume plastics manufacturing.

Makes sense though, right ? We talk about Shanghai, we talk about Catalyst...
    Test signature

Comment

Dude, you're paid to be here! Surely AMD can fork out for a Phoronix Premium account

(Quick Michael, set up a $5000 Phoronix Premium Business Vista Ultimate Corporate Edition!)

Comment

I did actually pay for a premium account (renewed on Feb 8) but some of the ads are still showing up. Michael is checking into it.
        Test signature

Comment

ah, the beauty of Flash being a piece of crap: I don't have a Premium Account, I don't have AdBlock set-up, and I STILL don't have ads showing up on these pages. I've just got a couple blank white rectangles.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro-tull View Post
            I don't have a Premium Account, I don't have AdBlock set-up, and I STILL don't have ads showing up on these pages. I've just got a couple blank white rectangles.
            ....while stealing from publishers.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Lynx is also great for stealing content - it's the only way I post from the office

Michael, I don't know if you've looked into it, but fully-disclosed commission links could also be a good way to make money without annoying people, eg. "This product is currently available from the friendly dudes at VendorX for the low low price of $3. Using this link will help support Phoronix at no extra cost to you!"

Seems to work well for a popular Aussie journalist (Dan from dansdata.com).

If you could find a partner that does Windows-less computers and optional OS preinstalls you'd be practically feeding each other, generating a lot of interest/hype in the process

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                wait, what? stealing? did I miss something?

Comment

I bet he runs CentOS, stealing from the poor folk at Red Hat

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro-tull View Post
                    ah, the beauty of Flash being a piece of crap: I don't have a Premium Account, I don't have AdBlock set-up, and I STILL don't have ads showing up on these pages. I've just got a couple blank white rectangles.
                    same here... why block when you dont have to. and still dont get what the big deal is with flash, its only used for adds.... and the videos in the reviews. ( i still can not download a theora video. a site that supports open source, but still uses a propriety video codec and container)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      thats not stealing. thats a poorly written web page. if the add should be there, the web page should account for no java, no javascript, and no proprietary flash

Comment

Working...
                      X