Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Advertisements On Phoronix

Quote Originally Posted by mwpow3ll View Post
    I'm a long time reader of Phoronix, but relatively new registered user; however, I won't disable adblock. ever.

Nothing against Phoronix, but I refuse to open myself up to an ad that I, my co-workers, or boss find inappropriate, just so I can say that I indirectly support the website. Furthermore, I will not pay for an annual subscription of a website that mostly just removes ads. A single lifetime fee? Sure... but not a revolving subscription.
    Actually, I feel the same way, I like lifetime purchases rather than subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    Actually, I feel the same way, I like lifetime purchases rather than subscriptions.
    Well, at the current yearly rate of 35$, if you expect to live another 50 years, that'll be a lump sum of 1750$. I'm sure if you sent Michael that he'd be willing to negotiate a lifetime premiumship, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    How much would you be willing to pay for it?

I use an exception rules list for my adblocker. I use to just block everything but this way I can support the sites that use non-intrusive ads. The ads on Phoronix seem perfectly fine so I don't understand why it's not already on the list I use.