Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MonoDevelop Reaches Beta

Phoronix: MonoDevelop Reaches Beta

For those of you that may be after developing Microsoft C# and other .NET languages on Linux through the power of Novell's Mono, the first beta release of MonoDevelop 1.0 is now available for download. MonoDevelop is a GNOME IDE for these Redmond languages as well as C/C++ development support through g++ or GCC.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The mono patent situation really scares me, I just don't trust Novell and all their deals with Microsoft.

I'm gonna stick with Java for my development now that it's GPL. It's not perfect by any means, but it's a solid language (OOP, Unicode, Threading, etc). I find the latest Eclipse release really great once you get over the initial hump of learning how it works. The new Java-Gnome bindings also seem to be progressing well, and combined with Java shipping out-of-the-box with upcoming distros should make for a powerful Linux development platform: http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/4.0/NEWS.html

Comment

Working...
    X