Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Thank You to Michael...

Hi Michael,

As we all have come to find out you have been very helpful on many topics in this forum and I would like to thank you personally for making this project and writing this script (If it was someone else I sincerely apologize to them). You have saved me and many of us in this forum many hours that could have gone wasted on researching how to get these drivers to work properly on FC6. It took me a couple of hours to figure out what I was doing wrong and all thanks to this forum. Now I can play RCTW Enemy Territory without issues.

Wanted to see what can I do to help. Is there a place we can make a donation to your organization from paypal or something?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!!!

I actually was thinking something along the same lines... not just Paypal (although that would work), but some other way to include the community more in the content of this website than just through making posts on the forum. If you have some type of way for the community to contribute to this website other than through posting on the forum then let me know.

Comment

Well, I don't use FC 6 but I do believe Michael does a great deal of help for all of you.

I genuinely believe he's willing to help out. It's just that mine hasn't worked out fine just yet, so I'm not as stoked.

Comment

Thank you all for your nice comments.

There is no need to worry about donations. If you're obliged to help out, all I can think of off the top of my head would be to support sponsors that support Phoronix, tell current sponsors that you appreciate their patronage, and telling other manufacturers that you would like to see their products tested under Linux on Phoronix. Of course being active on the forums and helping others out is always an easy process. You are also free to let others in the alternative OS community know about Phoronix and working on other things such as a Wikipedia entry or whatever.

If you're after more ideas I can try to think of some.

Happy Holidays,
        Michael Larabel
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          ... support sponsors that support Phoronix, tell current sponsors that you appreciate their patronage, and telling other manufacturers that you would like to see their products tested under Linux on Phoronix.
          The first two are self-explanatory, but getting more manufacturers to provide their components to Phoronix is more along the lines I was thinking about, but I don't really know the best way to go about that. Making sure that Phoronix has a strong forum is one minor thing, but making sure there are the latest components coming into the website for review is another. Anything the community can do to help in that area would benefit us as well as other Linux users.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuapurcell View Post
            The first two are self-explanatory, but getting more manufacturers to provide their components to Phoronix is more along the lines I was thinking about, but I don't really know the best way to go about that. Making sure that Phoronix has a strong forum is one minor thing, but making sure there are the latest components coming into the website for review is another. Anything the community can do to help in that area would benefit us as well as other Linux users.
            The best way to go about that is basically emailing the manufacturer's marketing/PR department (contact information generally listed on their website) and simply explain your appreciation for having them acknowledge Linux users and working with Phoronix to deliver these reviews. There are still some manufacturers that I have spoken with that are completely ignorant to GNU/Linux.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

A new administrative decision was made, see: http://www.phoronix.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1514
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Just want to add to the previous comments, and add my thanks to Michael for all the help. I know I really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X