a few question about my radeon x1650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few question about my radeon x1650

Hi, i have ATI Radeon x1650 with Fedora 14 Remix called Fusion Linux....it's basically Fedora 14.

this is output of lspci which is related to the card...

Code:
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV535 [Radeon X1650 Series] (rev 9e)
    01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV535 [Radeon X1650 Series] (rev 9e)
    I've read that my card is no longer supported by ATI/AMD when it comes to newer distributions, so i'm guessing that i use free drivers, which one i'm not entirely sure, how can i check which graphics drivers i have?

I tried installing catalyst drivers, 11.4 i believe, from the repositories of Fedora but when i tried to run aticonfig in terminal i received a message that no card was found....

I was just wondering what is the best option for me when it comes to drivers, right now everything works fine, compiz and everything, but if i try to this game

i get this

No matter what kind of video settings i have, it's always the same.

I would just like to know what are my best options when it comes to drivers, i can't believe that my card is already outdated.... can anyone please suggest me something, i searched the forms but most of the threads are old, i just thought something new happened in the meantime....

Thanks everyone in advance.
    Regards.

Some games need the s3tc library libtxc_dxtn installed, which Fedora does not include by default for patent reasons.

If installing that library does not make a difference, try upgrading to Fedora 15 with r300g.

Comment

yeees, that did it....the game renders fine now....
      What did you say about Fedora 15, does it come with better drivers for my card?

Comment

yes, newer distro = more performance, more features, more stability (exceptions prove the rule )

Comment

ok, thank you for the help.....

Comment

Working...
          X