Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Updates Flash For Linux

Phoronix: Adobe Updates Flash For Linux

Adobe has updated the Linux version of its Flash Player. This latest update to Flash Player 9, codenamed "Moviestar", contains fixes for bugs introduced in the previous releases.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This update fixes crashing after leaving a page displaying a flash video, browser slowdown when viewing a site with quirky flash, popups to source code from unsupported ads, and a host of other odd behavior, its a must download if you use flash on Linux.

Comment

It still crashes for me. Oh well, back to Flash 7.

Comment

They have not correct bugs on Linux:

- On AMD web site the menu open below the flash pub
        - We can not open links on the AMD pub
        - The right click menue of flash do not take the skyne of de desktop and it is always gray.

Comment

Originally posted by pierluc View Post
          They have not correct bugs on Linux:

- On AMD web site the menu open below the flash pub
          - We can not open links on the AMD pub
          - The right click menue of flash do not take the skyne of de desktop and it is always gray.
          The same is true for the Adobe site. This "bug" has been there since Flash first appeared on Linux back in the Flash 6.x days. Flash "objects" appear to be on top of everything else in the site. I wonder if this an X or Flash "limitation"

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
            The same is true for the Adobe site. This "bug" has been there since Flash first appeared on Linux back in the Flash 6.x days. Flash "objects" appear to be on top of everything else in the site. I wonder if this an X or Flash "limitation"
            This problem is present with Gnash as well. It was brought up on the X mailing list just a few days ago.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I didn't know Gnash also exhibit the same problem as Flash, I have limited experience with Gnash, but that leaves at least two common variables for the problem: The browser (a Gecko problem, maybe?) or the environment (an X11 issue?) .

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
                The problem is or was the browser you are using. Look at this bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=137189. This bug was fixed in July but I don't know if the fix has made it into Firefox.

Comment

Working...
                X