Thread: Compiz 0.6.0 Released With New Plug-Ins

Default Compiz 0.6.0 Released With New Plug-Ins

Phoronix: Compiz 0.6.0 Released With New Plug-Ins

Danny Baumann has released Compiz 0.6.0. This new release of Compiz features better support for multiple X screens, XML-based meta-data system, improvements to the option initialization thanks to the new meta-data system, an extensible logging framework, new plug-ins, greater handling of output devices, introspection support in D-Bus, multiple modes of resize drawing, and multiple placement modes through the place plug-in. In Compiz 0.6.0, the new Cube plug-in additions include transparency support, basic background support, and support for non-power-of-two sky dome textures.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA4NA

Do any video players support the new interface for accelerated video output yet?

Xv has always been suboptimal and very CPU intensive for me with compiz.

This is excellent news, compiz is really turning out to be something worth using. I too would like to know the situation regarding video plugins, and if there's any criticism to be made, features like this (and non-laggy scrolling, my old iMac with a Geforce 2 is only slightly slower!) should be top priority.

Is there any option, like in Beryl, to change window managers on the fly, to you could go from beryl to metacity without having to log out then in again?

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Do any video players support the new interface for accelerated video output yet?
    As far as I know there is only a patch for the MPlayer XV output available.

Quote Originally Posted by Moustacha=
    Is there any option, like in Beryl, to change window managers on the fly, to you could go from beryl to metacity without having to log out then in again?
    Type "metacity --replace" or "compiz --replace" on a terminal to change the window manager without logging out.
    It is also possible to install compiz-fusion which has a tray icon that allows you to change your window manager.