Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Giveaway Of Unigine's New Linux Game Continues

Phoronix: Free Giveaway Of Unigine's New Linux Game Continues

Last week we launched another Unigine OilRush giveaway contest whereby we're giving away copies of this forthcoming real-time strategy that has native support for Mac OS X / Windows / Linux with its impressive graphics renderer. This contest is in celebration of the seventh birthday of Phoronix later in the week. There's still time to participate if you want to win a free copy of this very interesting and shiny Linux game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't use Twitter.

Comment

oh, I thought this was an open-source/linux related website...how wrong I must be when they advertise/use Twitter and not identi.ca.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
        oh, I thought this was an open-source/linux related website...how wrong I must be when they advertise/use Twitter and not identi.ca.
        It is... but to give away free copies of a game that runs on Linux (and other Os's) requires some money, and so why not spread publicity in a way of doing so? And if you have an issue with Twitter, take it elsewhere.

Comment

I'd rather pay the full price if it seems interesting when it's ready.

Getting a commercial Linux game for free just seems wrong.

Still I hope these Twitter sessions bring some publicity to the game too.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlaht View Post
            I'd rather pay the full price if it seems interesting when it's ready.

Getting a commercial Linux game for free just seems wrong.
            Originally posted by TOFA
            We'll be giving away at least two copies (that we buy, to support Linux gaming) and hopefully Unigine Corp will be able to throw in a few more licenses as well.
            I haven't read anything that said Unigine threw any licenses in for Phoronix, so I guess that they are all paid for. However, correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
              I haven't read anything that said Unigine threw any licenses in for Phoronix, so I guess that they are all paid for. However, correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.
              Right, at this point, Phoronix Media is paying for all of the copies... Unigine Corp hasn't offered up any free licenses yet.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I never really never understood twitter. Tweet Tweet Tweet

Comment

Working...
                X