Thread: Free Giveaway Of Unigine's New Linux Game Continues

Default Free Giveaway Of Unigine's New Linux Game Continues

Phoronix: Free Giveaway Of Unigine's New Linux Game Continues

Last week we launched another Unigine OilRush giveaway contest whereby we're giving away copies of this forthcoming real-time strategy that has native support for Mac OS X / Windows / Linux with its impressive graphics renderer. This contest is in celebration of the seventh birthday of Phoronix later in the week. There's still time to participate if you want to win a free copy of this very interesting and shiny Linux game...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTUwMw

I don't use Twitter.

oh, I thought this was an open-source/linux related website...how wrong I must be when they advertise/use Twitter and not identi.ca.

Quote Originally Posted by Detructor View Post
    oh, I thought this was an open-source/linux related website...how wrong I must be when they advertise/use Twitter and not identi.ca.
    It is... but to give away free copies of a game that runs on Linux (and other Os's) requires some money, and so why not spread publicity in a way of doing so? And if you have an issue with Twitter, take it elsewhere.

I'd rather pay the full price if it seems interesting when it's ready.

Getting a commercial Linux game for free just seems wrong.

Still I hope these Twitter sessions bring some publicity to the game too.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlaht View Post
    I'd rather pay the full price if it seems interesting when it's ready.

Getting a commercial Linux game for free just seems wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOFA
    We'll be giving away at least two copies (that we buy, to support Linux gaming) and hopefully Unigine Corp will be able to throw in a few more licenses as well.
    I haven't read anything that said Unigine threw any licenses in for Phoronix, so I guess that they are all paid for. However, correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobu View Post
    I haven't read anything that said Unigine threw any licenses in for Phoronix, so I guess that they are all paid for. However, correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.
    Right, at this point, Phoronix Media is paying for all of the copies... Unigine Corp hasn't offered up any free licenses yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Right, at this point, Phoronix Media is paying for all of the copies... Unigine Corp hasn't offered up any free licenses yet.
    wow really cool ... i already buy a copy of the game.

and i also do not use zwitter but i use facebook and kwick ,,, kwick do have a great publicity in Germany for blogs.. if you write a block up to million people read ist it it sounds interesting. kwick is 100% free but mostly German.

i put it into my blog: http://www.kwick.de/#/adiso/blog/ent...enlos_/?pPage=
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 05-30-2011 at 09:41 AM.

I never really never understood twitter. Tweet Tweet Tweet