Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Hello To Linux 3.0; Linus Just Tagged 3.0-rc1

Phoronix: Say Hello To Linux 3.0; Linus Just Tagged 3.0-rc1

For anyone that was doubting Linus Torvalds would finally part ways with the Linux 2.6 kernel series, you lost your bets. On the eve of Memorial Day in the United States and his departure to Japan for LinuxCon, Linus Torvalds just tagged Linux 3.0-rc1 in Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Linus wasn't fooling at all with this

Comment

At least now we got it over with.

Comment

Building now. Thanks Michael. Wish I had a Franziskaner to go with it...

Comment

z...

"having went on"
          "than longer"
          Are there proof-readers here?

Comment

Originally posted by doctorlard View Post
            "having went on"
            "than longer"
            Are there proof-readers here?
            No. It's a one man show and Michael usually does fairly well with typos/spelling/grammar. Anyway.. thanks for registering just to post that!

Comment

when i read : "On the eve of Memorial Day in the United States and his departure to Japan for LinuxCon, Linus Torvalds just tagged Linux 3.0-rc1 in Git..."
              i feel i am reading about the " english queen mum "
              may be this dude is too much keeping himself under the lights just like bill gates .
              by the way that looks marketing and does not show any change in the philosophy of linux .

Comment

Originally posted by jcgeny View Post
                when i read : "On the eve of Memorial Day in the United States and his departure to Japan for LinuxCon, Linus Torvalds just tagged Linux 3.0-rc1 in Git..."
                i feel i am reading about the " english queen mum "
                may be this dude is too much keeping himself under the lights just like bill gates .
                by the way that looks marketing and does not show any change in the philosophy of linux .
                err, wot?

You realise that you're not making any sense....

Comment

Originally posted by _txf_ View Post
                  err, wot?

You realise that you're not making any sense....
                  use quotes and explain where your brain is "out of understanding"
                  this looks like this :
                  "On the eve of Memorial Day in the United States and his departure to Japan for LinuxCon, Linus Torvalds just tagged Linux 3.0-rc1 in Git..."
                  i feel i am reading about the " english queen mum " or may be more something unusefull like yoyobama dedicating tee shirts at joplin while all is destroyed there

still being the one that leads linux and the whole world of FREE software is getting more and more presumptuous for my eyes , very selfish too , as much as b.gates is .

the 2.4 or 2.6 are very differents while 3.0 is inline with 2.6 . it s like nvidia and its cards before gtx4 , renaming old gt8xxx to gt9xxx then gt2xx . its called marketing making the buzz with a new name on old products to revive the sells .
                  of course linux should need to increase them . it is not same success-story as firefox .....linus like all americans wants one too , "normal"

Comment

It's worth reading the whole discussion on lkml. There was quite a discussion about it, and Linus just made a choice. Someone had to, or else nothing would get done. It's not about marketing.

Comment

Working...
                    X