Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.10.2 Brings A Bunch Of Bug-Fixes

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.10.2 Brings A Bunch Of Bug-Fixes

Apple's Jeremy Huddleston has just released X.Org Server 1.10.2. This second point release was set to be released yesterday, but then there was fear of a regression causing a delay (turns out it's no longer reproducible), so now we have a holiday weekend release of xorg-server 1.10.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It also introduces old bugs though. The pixel garbage on newly opened windows and - much worse - menus is back.

Comment

Apple's using X.Org Server 1.10.x in the forthcoming Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" operating system, which led them to stepping up to the plate to maintain the stable point releases and for working out the various XQuartz bugs.
      Mainly xquartz crap which isn't interesting at all. Aren't X.Org Server releases set up to fit the best os x release schedule? It should be focused on some major Linux distributions.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
        Mainly xquartz crap which isn't interesting at all. Aren't X.Org Server releases set up to fit the best os x release schedule? It should be focused on some major Linux distributions.
        Then I guess those Linux distributions should have stepped up when the question about who will be responsible for making X.Org releases was asked. If I'm not mistaken, only an Apple employee answered the call.

Comment

Hopefully the Intel drivers will do something other than hard-lock the system with 8xx series integrated graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Then I guess those Linux distributions should have stepped up when the question about who will be responsible for making X.Org releases was asked. If I'm not mistaken, only an Apple employee answered the call.
            If they didn't care then it's a different thing. Now, they shouldn't complain when something breakes.

Comment

Working...
            X