Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox acceleration & AMD Gallium3D = Most sad thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
    Do you sure if force-enable not required?
    Layers acceleration is not enabled on any graphics card on linux, because of the glitches you noticed. That's likely bugs with Firefox and not the graphics drivers.

XRender is always on, and used automatically through Cairo.

WebGL is the feature that gets turned on/off depending on your driver.

For FF6+,

Free Mesa-based drivers are whitelisted if the Mesa version is at least 7.10 and the driver is not Gallium-based. See the discussion in bug 645407. Regarding Gallium, see bug 624935.
    For example, the free Intel driver that ships in Ubuntu 11.04 is whitelisted.
    For the NVIDIA driver, versions 257.21 and newer are whitelisted, exactly like on Windows (see above).
    For the FGLRX (proprietary ATI) driver, we whitelist the newer versions that implement OpenGL 3.0 or newer. Indeed, FGLRX does not return any version number of its own, so we had to use the OpenGL version as a differentiator.
    See https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blocklistin...aphics_Drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
      Also, it shows 10 FPS at http://demos.hacks.mozilla.org/openweb/HWACCEL/
      In windows it past the 60...
      By the way, make sure you have this patch from 5/17, it may speed up the FPS.

Bug 620216 - Part 1: Use EXTEND_PAD when doing DrawImage. r=roc

From bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=602380

Comment

I don't use that patch if nightly releases doesn't include it by default. I couldn't compile ff
        But worth to try...

Comment

Gallium is no longer blacklisted as of today!

As of today, Gallium3D drivers are no longer blacklisted.

This change will appear in tomorrow's Nightly, and eventually in Firefox 7. I'm trying to get it accepted in Aurora / Firefox 6, but no guarantees about that.

Comment

Originally posted by bjacob View Post
            As of today, Gallium3D drivers are no longer blacklisted.

This change will appear in tomorrow's Nightly, and eventually in Firefox 7. I'm trying to get it accepted in Aurora / Firefox 6, but no guarantees about that.
            That's great news! Thanks for working on this!

Now, if only Google could be convinced to do the same

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
              you are a future traveler ? because firefox6 isn't released right now.
              Sure, but there have been nightly builds available for a while. I wouldn't expect the Firefox devs to go back to already-released versions and update those.
              Test signature

Comment

Working...
              X