Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Sandy Bridge On Fedora 15 Is Decent

Phoronix: Intel Sandy Bridge On Fedora 15 Is Decent

For those Intel "Sandy Bridge" hardware customers that may be trying out the recent release of Fedora 15, the experience is decent and is in much better shape than the troubling support in Ubuntu 11.04. It is not in tip-top shape as there are some recent optimizations in the Linux kernel and Mesa that haven't landed in Fedora 15 (at least not yet in the form of an update), but it's suitable overall.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pardon my ignorance, or perhaps my blindness but what is "Linux" in the graphs?

Comment

"t0", leetspeak to gather new audiences?

Comment

Is there any chance to add WebGL benchmarks/tests to your suit?
        WebGL experiments like Google Body Browser and ro.me are very interesting. They work fine in my Ubuntu 10.10 with Nvidia card and drivers.

Since 2009, coders have created thousands of amazing experiments using Chrome, Android, AI, WebVR, AR and more. We're showcasing projects here, along with helpful tools and resources, to inspire others to create new experiments.

Since 2009, coders have created thousands of amazing experiments using Chrome, Android, AI, WebVR, AR and more. We're showcasing projects here, along with helpful tools and resources, to inspire others to create new experiments.

Comment

Originally posted by fernandoc1 View Post
          Is there any chance to add WebGL benchmarks/tests to your suit?
          WebGL experiments like Google Body Browser and ro.me are very interesting. They work fine in my Ubuntu 10.10 with Nvidia card and drivers.

http://www.chromeexperiments.com/webgl/?f=webgl
          As far as I know, there is no 'good' way at this point in time to get the WebGL results from the browser itself into the Phoronix Test Suite client in an automated manner without doing things manually or perhaps doing some ugly browser hacks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I believe it would be better to also compare it against Direct X performance when you include windows. Vendors on that platform usually optimize for Direct X more aggressively than OpenGL

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              Must be that new Microsoft Linux product they're working on.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                Ubuntu 11.04 + Kernel 2.6.39 + Mesa compiled from Git + xorg-edgers PPA. From TFA and my guesses.

It's not a setup that a newbie would want with Ubuntu. OTOH, Phoronix is comparing that with Fedora 15 out of the box, or Fedora 15 with official updates-testing.

Comment

Thanks for setting the record straight, Michael!

Comment

So the mesa in updates-testing is pretty close to master, it must be some overhead in the Fedora kernel or mesa packages that is causing it to be slower.

I worked out why we don't get git-sha1, we just build a tarball straight from git then build that package from that, so we never get the sha1s.

Comment

Working...
                    X