Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.3.21 Does MSI Rollbacks, Fixes X Input 2

Phoronix: Wine 1.3.21 Does MSI Rollbacks, Fixes X Input 2

If you are part of the large US population that has an extended weekend due to Memorial Day, perhaps you may want to give the latest release of Wine a whirl this weekend while enjoying some wine (or beer). The new Wine 1.3.21 release isn't the most exciting development build, but there are some new items worth pointing out...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting, the changelog does say that there are more changes to the input, namely mouse clipping, yet they closed the XI2 bug. Ah well, I guess if there are regressions, they can always reopen it or create a new one.

Comment

It's a bank holiday in the UK too, I think it might even be a Euro holiday but I'd need to check the calendars

Comment

Input is still no good.

In Warcraft 3 mouseclicks are still omitted and the cursor positions on screen and ingame are often not properly synced.

With wine-git at least the mouse ingame works but alt-tabbing brings a window to the front and then gives no possibility to interact with that window and alt-tab doesn't work from this moment on (with a wine virtual desktop).

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          Input is still no good.

In Warcraft 3 mouseclicks are still omitted and the cursor positions on screen and ingame are often not properly synced.

With wine-git at least the mouse ingame works but alt-tabbing brings a window to the front and then gives no possibility to interact with that window and alt-tab doesn't work from this moment on (with a wine virtual desktop).
          The Source engine is pretty much 100% back to working properly. Although there are still occasional camera jerks, they aren't so frequent that they break the game anymore (i.e. every time you move the mouse). It'd be nice to get the mouselook for Mass Effect and assorted EA games working too, but this is a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
            The Source engine is pretty much 100% back to working properly. Although there are still occasional camera jerks, they aren't so frequent that they break the game anymore (i.e. every time you move the mouse). It'd be nice to get the mouselook for Mass Effect and assorted EA games working too, but this is a good start.
            Huh? ME is an Unreal Engine game and those have been fixed already. And some people already reported that it was fixed for ME specifically. Though others say that it's not... Probably some setting you have disabled or something.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Huh? ME is an Unreal Engine game and those have been fixed already. And some people already reported that it was fixed for ME specifically. Though others say that it's not... Probably some setting you have disabled or something.
              If it is indeed a setting, I would dearly love to know which one it is. I'm not referring to the mouse warping bug that needed relative mouse input to get working properly. I mean that the mouselook feature is broken - you cannot move the camera. It also crops up in Medal of Honor: Airborne.

Conversely, everything works just fine in Borderlands and the Steam version of UT3.

Comment

Working...
              X