No announcement yet.

Quake4 fglrx 8.41.7 HD2600XT Segfault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ET: QW has some problems with team play, because no one plays the medic, because he's more or less useless, and there are most of the time no small groups that walk together. But on the other side, every class has something to do and helps the team in its own way. The maps are very different from each other and you will get to know early that the better team wins, it really only depends on your team and not on the map, on what you do as a single soldier etc.. All in all, it is no Battlefield, Battlefield is a slower, more tactical shooter while ET: QW is fast. I like both.

The only problem for me is that there are many great shooters around the corner like HL2EP2, Crysis, CoD4, UT3, STALKER: CS, ...

Comment

Mibo: I think I have the same problem with ET:QW. After a while there are big triangles all over the screen and it gets unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by thoemy View Post
        Mibo: I think I have the same problem with ET:QW. After a while there are big triangles all over the screen and it gets unplayable.
        That sounds like the problem I experienced. I could walk through the big trianles but it limited my sight so I got killed even sooner than usual.

Another game-demo I played (under WinXP Cat7.9 + Hotfix) with my friends yesterday was: World in Conflict. I just played the tutorial (which looks quiet nice). But there also appeared errors - vertical bars starting from the top of some roofs. Some of the bars ranged from the ground to the sky.

The most annoying thing for me is that I don't know if my 2600 is broken or if these errors are "just" driver problems. I would like to exchange the (for my silent system) too noisy fan - but then I can not send back the card anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
          That sounds like the problem I experienced. I could walk through the big trianles but it limited my sight so I got killed even sooner than usual.

The most annoying thing for me is that I don't know if my 2600 is broken or if these errors are "just" driver problems. I would like to exchange the (for my silent system) too noisy fan - but then I can not send back the card anymore...
          In short:
          My guess is that your card is running too hot. I sometimes do have the same probs with my passively cooled 9800pro. It is just the card getting too hot. You could try to improve the "airflow" in your case or to just open the case and play for some time. Or open your case, put a large "room vent" close to the open case and play for some hours. Everything will probably work nicely.

That is at least my experience with the ATI cards. When they are running too hot you do get those artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanovic View Post
            In short:
            My guess is that your card is running too hot. I sometimes do have the same probs with my passively cooled 9800pro. It is just the card getting too hot. You could try to improve the "airflow" in your case or to just open the case and play for some time. Or open your case, put a large "room vent" close to the open case and play for some hours. Everything will probably work nicely.

That is at least my experience with the ATI cards. When they are running too hot you do get those artifacts.
            Thanks for your comment.
            But I don't think it's a temperature problem. My case was open, standing near the open window with 15?C outside. I had the rivatuner 2.05 hardware monitoring software running in the background for some time and didn't get the chip hotter than 55?C which should be quite ok.

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
              I had the rivatuner 2.05 hardware monitoring software running in the background for some time and didn't get the chip hotter than 55?C which should be quite ok.
              Same here.

Mibo did you read my PM?

Comment

Originally posted by thoemy View Post
                Same here.

Mibo did you read my PM?
                Yes, and answered it on P3D ;-)
                In windows: Anzeigetreiber wurde zurückgesetzt oder einfach ausschalten des TFTs. Wer hat diese Probleme???

Comment

Working...
                X