fusion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fusion question

guys im thinking in buying an acer iconia w500 tablet and install ubuntu but i was wondering if the combo adm oss fusion + X11 in natty or oneiric can handle multi touch already?

the heardware is an apu c-50

thx in advance

Multi-touch has nothing to do with the GPU driver. It's handled by the touchscreen driver.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      Multi-touch has nothing to do with the GPU driver. It's handled by the touchscreen driver.
      ohh my bad, googling i founded several old articles claiming that X11 can't handle multi touch. so i got the doubt

Comment

Well, it's still X11, it's just handled by the input drivers rather than the gpu driver.

Comment

I'm typing this from the W500. I've tried several UIs and stuck with Ubuntu Natty + Gnome3. Since the last kernel update the open source driver handles 720p playback and 3D good enough to run the UI. Unfortunately there is not multitouch driver available, so stuff like right clicking is a bit of a chore when it's in tablet mode.

It's great for watching movies streamed from my server though, as well as everyday work (keyboard is not bad, sufficient for my coding requirements).

Comment

Originally posted by nephridium View Post
            I'm typing this from the W500. I've tried several UIs and stuck with Ubuntu Natty + Gnome3. Since the last kernel update the open source driver handles 720p playback and 3D good enough to run the UI. Unfortunately there is not multitouch driver available, so stuff like right clicking is a bit of a chore when it's in tablet mode.

It's great for watching movies streamed from my server though, as well as everyday work (keyboard is not bad, sufficient for my coding requirements).
            thx for your response XD this sound good enough for my hand complied rt kernel and kubuntu natty with preload deamon i can live without multitouch so no big deal

thx men

Comment

Working...
            X