Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine OilRush Moves A Bit Further Along

Phoronix: Unigine OilRush Moves A Bit Further Along

Unigine Corp has released an update today to their first in-house game, OilRush, for those that have pre-ordered this real-time strategy. The Unigine OilRush 0.63 build improves the AI, improves system performance, introduces new maps, adds in new environments and visual effects, among other changes and additions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Packaging

I absolutely hate managing non-prepackaged programs. Does this have an .rpm (upon purchase) yet?

Comment

And how is the advertising going? I've not yet seen it touted anywhere but on Phoronix, but admittedly I haven't gone out of my way to look.

Comment

There's already a Mac OS X client avaible.

Comment

Wonder if this requires Nvidia/AMD to run, i'm getting this error on my SNB box:

Code:
          ---- Render ----
          GLRender::GLRender(): Unknown GPU
          OpenGL vendor:   Tungsten Graphics, Inc
          OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile 
          OpenGL version:  1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.11-devel)

Unigine fatal error
          ALExt::init(): can't open device
          Can't initialize OpenAL. Install driver for your sound card.
          GLRender::GLRender(): Unknown GPU
          GLRender::require_extension(): required extension GL_ARB_vertex_array_object is not supported
          Shutdown
          EDIT:

Yup, requirements says it does.. Bummer.
          Last edited by Dr.Diesel; 25 May 2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I pre-ordered and do like the game, am a bit sad about the low numbers but also have to say there is very little news about it out there. bluesnews is still one of my favorite game news sites and it has 3 entries: sept 1, dec 19 and may 4. Other games in beta who release these sort of builds are listed on it each time.... they got to promote it more in the main stream ?

Comment

Originally posted by lukem33p View Post
              I absolutely hate managing non-prepackaged programs. Does this have an .rpm (upon purchase) yet?
              Send your suggestions about that directly to Unigine Corp. CEO Denis Shergin: binstream [a] unigine [dot] com

Comment

No mention of the mesa drivers?

Well Michael, if you want to get your readers more interested in this game you should also mention that it now runs on the opens source drivers (at least on r600g with linux 2.6.39, latest mesa from git compiled with floating point textures support and libtxc_dxtn installed). The frame rate is not yet playable, at least not on my Radeon HD 3650, but it starts and is rendered correctly. The same goes for the Unigine benchmarks, of course.

It would be nice to see a benchmark of oilrush on various ATI and maybe Nvidia cards if noveau works as well, to see if any can reach at least 30 fps.

Comment

@Dr.Diesel

Did you manually update oss drivers and started the 32 bit binary on a 64 bit system? Maybe install libopenal1 globally too as it is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Diesel View Post
                    Wonder if this requires Nvidia/AMD to run, i'm getting this error on my SNB box:

[...]

EDIT:

Yup, requirements says it does.. Bummer.
                    That usually means the game haven't been tested on anything else and that you're on your own when it comes to support etc.

I'm guessing that it should run on i965, and if not, file a bug:

Comment

Working...
                    X