Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cluster Testing?

Hello,

I am writing here to ask if the Phoronix Test Suite has anything to test cluster setups? I mean this in performance of the cluster itself, up to 8 nodes.

Sorry if that sounded horribly missworded. Tired today.

What I mean is I'm looking for a benchmarking software to test the cluster. I want to see what the performance of the cluster (eight nodes) is compared to just one node by itself. Is this possible?

Thank you very much.

Sorry. Operating system is CentOS 5.6, too.
    Last edited by Jath; 24 May 2011, 03:45 PM. Reason: Added a missed detail.

Originally posted by Jath View Post
    Hello,

I am writing here to ask if the Phoronix Test Suite has anything to test cluster setups? I mean this in performance of the cluster itself, up to 8 nodes.

Sorry if that sounded horribly missworded. Tired today.

What I mean is I'm looking for a benchmarking software to test the cluster. I want to see what the performance of the cluster (eight nodes) is compared to just one node by itself. Is this possible?

Thank you very much.

Sorry. Operating system is CentOS 5.6, too.
    There isn't any cluster-specific test profiles in PTS / OpenBenchmarking.org at the moment as I haven't had a need myself to setup a cluster nor any commercial customers looking for such support, but any exisiting cluster-focused benchmarks could be easily extended and test profile built around it for the Phoronix Test Suite.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      There isn't any cluster-specific test profiles in PTS / OpenBenchmarking.org at the moment as I haven't had a need myself to setup a cluster nor any commercial customers looking for such support, but any exisiting cluster-focused benchmarks could be easily extended and test profile built around it for the Phoronix Test Suite.
      Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm sorry I could not do the same. Been working on our senior project, which this is actually for. My groups senior project for college.

Okay, so I was able to install your software fully on some of our machines and I ran some sample tests - so far, success.

Now, I was wondering one thing, and that is if you can point me in the right direction in to get some of the packages running on the cluster position. Currently, we have CentOS 5.6, as mentioned before, and are using the cluster software that is automatically installed with it. The three we Know work with clusters are NAS Parallel Benchmarks, Byte Unix Benchmarks (This was Semi-working for us in another package called Beowulf Performance Benchmark, but would fully work for version reasons), and Parallel BZIP2 Compression (This one I think since it's Parallel).

I want to be able to create a profile for the cluster, and I know you said you haven't had a need commercially to do so. If you want to be paid for help, I'll try to scrounge up as much as possible. Just name a price. I want to try and get this working for this project.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X