Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fglrx. RadeonHD isn't that far along yet.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      fglrx. RadeonHD isn't that far along yet.
      michael can verify the status of TexturedVideo with 8.42.7 or ati developers?

it would be a great thing, because i have bought this mobo for a htpc and can't really use it until now. and i didn't want to wait another 4 months to get my tv working...

Comment

I plan on buying an MSI MoBo, MSI K9AGM2-FIH, which has the ATI Radeon X1250 IGP, and I want to know, how well is it working with Linux? Is its (3D) performance similar to its Windows one? (under the latest driver) And would its 690G chipset from AMD cause any trouble?

Maybe you Michael know some more about this?

Comment

Maybe you Michael know some more about this?
          But the driver are not on the web site of AMD and Michael can not say any thing before that.

Comment

The hope dies at last

Comment

im actually new to ati under linux and im a bit confused with all the different names / chips and all that .. i used to run intel gma 950 on an older laptop until something went wrong and i had to send the machine to warranty. Now then sent me this ati laptop, and im not gonna complain, considering all I got for virtually free.

i got an ati x1600 mobility (?) chip on my laptop and currently running xgl with the 8.40 driver; will my card be supported in 8.42 ? i have no tried out 8.41 as I understood it didnt support all types of card and 8.42 was supposed to offer broader support.

is that correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by pedepy View Post
                im actually new to ati under linux and im a bit confused with all the different names / chips and all that .. i used to run intel gma 950 on an older laptop until something went wrong and i had to send the machine to warranty. Now then sent me this ati laptop, and im not gonna complain, considering all I got for virtually free.

i got an ati x1600 mobility (?) chip on my laptop and currently running xgl with the 8.40 driver; will my card be supported in 8.42 ? i have no tried out 8.41 as I understood it didnt support all types of card and 8.42 was supposed to offer broader support.

is that correct ?
                Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, your card will be supported in 8.42.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

I would love to see the new driver. I hope it will support my x1950 AGP.

The 8.41 driver does give me a good performance boost with my old 9600Pro, but I would like to use my new x1950. At the moment that card is collecting dust in one of my drawers.

Comment

Support for mobile chipsets

Only one question, I have an ATI X1300 mobile, Will add ATI support for this chipset in the new driver release?

I hope so, because I'm impacient to try the new improvements and of course the combination of COMPIZ+AIGLX+other 3D software like google earth, enemy territory quake of wars,...

Comment

Originally posted by Pexi View Post
                      Only one question, I have an ATI X1300 mobile, Will add ATI support for this chipset in the new driver release?

I hope so, because I'm impacient to try the new improvements and of course the combination of COMPIZ+AIGLX+other 3D software like google earth, enemy territory quake of wars,...

Yes, that is an R500 chip.
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X