• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope for Option "AIGLX" "true" this week

Comment

• Originally posted by chabo View Post
      I hope for Option "AIGLX" "true" this week
      Me too... If they deliver what they promised, I'll be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by chabo View Post
        I hope for Option "AIGLX" "true" this week
        Coming soon, soon, very soon, it's done when it's done but we're nearly there, really soon, you can already smell it, just hang there for a bit longer, it is out in a few days, extremely soon, the wait is soon over, it will go live in the next days.

It's hard, but later, when you look back at the waiting, it was awesome and you loved it, I love waiting, I really do, after the waiting is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Coming soon, soon, very soon, it's done when it's done but we're nearly there, really soon, you can already smell it, just hang there for a bit longer, it is out in a few days, extremely soon, the wait is soon over, it will go live in the next days.

It's hard, but later, when you look back at the waiting, it was awesome and you loved it, I love waiting, I really do, after the waiting is over.
          man, you should be a poet.

now i will call you "the FGLRX poet"
          Last edited by enzobelmont; 15 October 2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• When I installed Feisty on my old Dell PE400SC, I became a believer. It was almost ready for me to install it on my Mom and Dad's pc and laptop. It still needs a little more polish but it was so very close that I decided to join the Ubuntu groups and see if I could help out.

Because of 7.04 I took the leap to build my own HTPC. Unfortunately, the leap was actually a dive off of a cliff. Mainly my own fault for not reading ahead and studying everything about makefiles and drivers, especially ATI. I have been recording my HTPC journey here on AnandTech's forum. Basically the new Gigabyte board has every piece of I/O and processing I want but at the end of the end, useless to me if use Linux. The biggest culprit is the 690G chipset (x1250). If only I found Phoronix sooner...

Be that is it may, I look forward to this new development from SuSe and AMD. My only hope is that I can have an early Christmas present (like something in my Halloween candy bag?) and get me the heck off of WinXP.

To Michael - if you know of SuSe or ATI/AMD needing another 690G beta or even alpha tester for builds, please let me know. All my outdoor sports have ended for the season and now everyone is ready to crawl back inside our caves until next Spring.

Comment

• will there also support for my radeon 9600 xt ?
              it's pretty old , but i still runs everything i'd like to!
              how long will those old cards be supported ?

greets benneque

Comment

• Originally posted by benneque View Post
                will there also support for my radeon 9600 xt ?
                it's pretty old , but i still runs everything i'd like to!
                how long will those old cards be supported ?

greets benneque
                Yes, the 9600XT is part of the R300 series and thus technically supported. Though I doubt it will run Compiz.

If I had to guess, I would say the R300 series is supported for maybe 10 or 12 more months.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• what's about video acceleration on Xpress 1250 chipsets. will it be fixed in 8.42.x?

Comment

• i ran compiz with xgl and it was fantastic and smooth!

Comment

• Michael, is the ATI Radeon X1250 IGP based on R300 or R400?

And how long will the R400 be supported?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X