X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sundown View Post
    Yes, they just fire you in one day nowdays
    I think you can - at least if it's McDonalds type of job... I leave it to your judgement whether fglrx has more quality (and requirements) than a result of high school afternoon Pascal programming class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karel View Post
      An infinite number of monkeys with infinite available time will produce working driver too... I wonder whether ATI/AMD or the monkeys will be faster.
      The good news is that if you have an infinite number of monkeys, they will produce the driver instantaneously. Unfortunately ATI only has a few monkeys and is going for the latter of the truths.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnderWiggin View Post
        The good news is that if you have an infinite number of monkeys, they will produce the driver instantaneously. Unfortunately ATI only has a few monkeys and is going for the latter of the truths.
        I'm not sure about that - unless you count the probability that a monkey will code the driver in one single point of time. However, my calculation is different - I have an infinite number of monkeys repeatedly bashing the keyboard (as you cannot produce whole driver in one moment) and I believe that if we give them a certain amount of time (infinite), one monkey will eventually be right (OK, an infinite number of monkeys will have infinite number of correct drivers as the number of possibilities to code a driver is not finite).

Well, the important thing is ATI has a finite number of monkeys and (as they think) infinite amount of time... I am not sure if that is going to work...

Comment

• I hereby declare that the driver will not come out today.

I have...lets see...5-8 hours gap in which they might put it up if they leave office at 4ish. So add a couple hours (7-9 hours) from time of posting and we'll call it next week.

(Infinite) monkeys may get the job done, but is it a job WELL done?

Comment

• I sure am glad fredo was joking (he is, right? :P ) or else I'd be buying an nVidia card in 8.42 minutes exactly

Comment

• I'm just asking for one thing in this driver:
              better peformance(even than in 8.41)
              When I tried 8.41, i was pleased that performance increased(glxgears went from 800-900 to 1100-1200)
              but still some games are slower than they are in Windows. (same game, exactly same settings)
              So Michael tell me, is there a possibility of better performance in 8.42?

Next on my list would be AIGLX

Comment

• Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
                I sure am glad fredo was joking (he is, right? :P ) or else I'd be buying an nVidia card in 8.42 minutes exactly
                Well, I was indeed joking.

I haven't been fired so get prepared for THE BEST DRIVER EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by fredo View Post
                  Well, I was indeed joking.

I haven't been fired so get prepared for THE BEST DRIVER EVER
                  Wow that would be nice if anyone really believed you fredo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uchikoma View Post
                    (Infinite) monkeys may get the job done, but is it a job WELL done?
                    Theoretically there would be a perfect driver hidden among the infinitely bad ones. Okay, actually there would be infinitely many perfect drivers, but we would never be able to find them because there are infinitely many drivers in general. Perhaps we need an infinite improbability drive to sort things out??

What if the monkeys are allowed to breed for several generations and the selection criteria is based on coding ability? How do genetic algorithms cope with infinity?

Hope these problems can keep us at bay until Monday.

Comment

• I wish I hadn't found out about this until it was already released.

Comment

Working...
                      X